Wacom input at finger position

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
RunarSF

Wacom input at finger position

09 Nov 2017, 03:28

I know this might sound weird, but I'm going to try my best to explain it. Is it possible for a graphics tablet to move the cursor to the position where you touch? (As in pen mode for touch, and not mouse mode) I've been looking through the settings for my tablet for some time now but can't find anything, and what I find online is basically useless. This happened to someone in my class on accident after installing a Linux distribusion (his trackpad acted like a tablet), I've asked him but he has no idea how it happened (he's got a Lenovo Thinkpad). Not sure if this is only a trackpad thing or if it is possible to replicate on a Wacom tablet.
There are two kinds of people in the world: those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.
RunarSF

Re: Wacom input at finger position

09 Nov 2017, 10:47

Well that's for the pen, I want it to do the same, just for my finger
There are two kinds of people in the world: those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.
evilC

09 Nov 2017, 10:51

Wacom tablets work by a magnet in the pen, not by touch (At least last time I used one it did, it may be model dependant, but I doubt it, as capacative touch is not very accurate)
Unless you have a magnet embedded in your finger, then no.
RunarSF

10 Nov 2017, 03:01

I'm not completely sure what you mean, some models do have touch (CTH models do, I have a CTH-680). I'm not sure, but I think they work like a normal touchpad.
evilC

10 Nov 2017, 05:19

Ah right, seems they have moved on then.
It all depends on their implementation, whether the touchpad can report touches as absolute.
You may be able to read it in absolute mode using RawInput calls. Most of the code you would need is here: https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=10159
It would need to be edited though, the existing version is for relative move packets, and you are interested in absolute.
RunarSF

10 Nov 2017, 06:31

Thanks, I'll take a look at it.
RunarSF

11 Nov 2017, 09:07

Hi again, I'm not an advanced user of AutoHotkey, so this does seem out of my skill level to understand how to setup. Would you be able to create an example with the files that I need to use and how to use them?

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”