LButton Hotkeys - Block Clicks?

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Guest1

LButton Hotkeys - Block Clicks?

09 Jan 2018, 23:25

Hi, bit of a silly question I'm guessing...

But do mouse button hotkeys (such as Lbutton) actually block the clicks? Because I swore I made a script yesterday mucking around with IfWinActive conditions that DID NOT block any clicks and still ran desired code when the hotkey was triggered. Yet today, my scripts are blocking my clicks under similar conditions. Its probably something simple that I just can't seem to figure out

So, to clear things up:

Code: Select all

LButton::
	Sleep, 300
	IfWinActive, ahk_exe chrome.exe
		{
		MsgBox, , Test, Test
		}
Return
When I run this quick mockup code, it is not allowing me to left mouse click to interact with anything anymore - it simply runs the code in the hotkey. Should that be the case? Is there a way to still allow clicks through hotkey triggers, or was my experience yesterday just a fluke?

Thanks
Georgie Munteer

Re: LButton Hotkeys - Block Clicks?

10 Jan 2018, 00:39

Guest1 wrote:Hi, bit of a silly question I'm guessing...

But do mouse button hotkeys (such as Lbutton) actually block the clicks? Because I swore I made a script yesterday mucking around with IfWinActive conditions that DID NOT block any clicks and still ran desired code when the hotkey was triggered. Yet today, my scripts are blocking my clicks under similar conditions. Its probably something simple that I just can't seem to figure out

So, to clear things up:

LButton::
	Sleep, 300
	IfWinActive, ahk_exe chrome.exe
		{
		MsgBox, , Test, Test
		}
Return
When I run this quick mockup code, it is not allowing me to left mouse click to interact with anything anymore - it simply runs the code in the hotkey. Should that be the case? Is there a way to still allow clicks through hotkey triggers, or was my experience yesterday just a fluke?

Thanks
~LButton::
Blackholyman

Re: LButton Hotkeys - Block Clicks?

10 Jan 2018, 01:04

#IfWinActive, ahk_exe chrome.exe
~LButton::
sleep 300
MsgBox, , Test, Test
Return
Also check out: