GUI to Replace Windows Status Bar

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
SorrymyEN

GUI to Replace Windows Status Bar

20 Jan 2019, 10:00

Hello, I'm trying to get as much vertical space as possible for displaying folders and files in Windows Explorer. Over the years, Microsoft has stacked a number of things around the display area so today you spend more time with clicks and scrollings for displaying items than with effective actions, especially for those who need to work with thumbnails of images.

As you can see from the image below, I'm using third-party applications like OldNewExplorer and QTTabBar, which allow you to reposition buttons and exclude menu bars that only cause visual pollution. But only AutoHotKey can reposition the information provided by the file explorer status bar. I know the AutoHotKey documentation is for all that's needed to get this, but since it's not a approachable text like the web tutorials that teach CSS and HTML and my job does not allow time to study it, I'd like the help of someone who could create a GUI with the same characteristics of the edited image.

It should be able to update information whenever none, one or more files or folders were selected. Please, if you find it helpful to delete the Windows status bar as in the current web browsers, without losing their functions, and believe that this would benefit other Windows users, feel free to comment or help.

Last edited by SorrymyEN on 20 Jan 2019, 11:07, edited 1 time in total.
gregster

Re: GUI to Replace Windows Status Bar

20 Jan 2019, 10:39

Screenshot.png
Screenshot.png (1.27 KiB) Viewed 1107 times
The pen symbol on the left is used for editing posts.
(Might look different in your forum theme)
Flipeador

20 Jan 2019, 10:59

What updated image are you talking about, they look the same. Also it seems that you include a link at the end that seems to be Spam.
@SorrymyEN Sorry, I blocked your first post, now it's fixed.
SorrymyEN

20 Jan 2019, 11:22

Only Report, Quote and Accept buttons were showing up for me. After I left and came back, the Edit button appeared and I corrected the image, whose data in th left bottom were incorrect. But I still can not see this "X" button to delete the surplus post. If possible, I ask the adms to delete my second post and let me know the spam link via private message to not up the topic.
gregster

20 Jan 2019, 11:44

Afaik, you can only delete a post yourself as long as nobody replies.
I edit a lot, but I never missed the Edit button - but who knows, perhaps a little page hickup :) .

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”