Cannot get ControlClick working

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
asghar5676

Cannot get ControlClick working

05 Apr 2019, 19:30

Hi All,

I m trying to use one the most user unfriendly software on earth named Bluebeam Revu 2018. You probably have heard about it. It's a shitty PDF handling application which does not let users navigate through the interface using keyboard shortcuts.

Anyhow, as shown in screenshots attached, all I am trying to do is to open a dropdown menu and then click on one of the options. Can someone help PLEASE?
Attachments
2.jpg
The item I want clicked
2.jpg (195.27 KiB) Viewed 923 times
1.jpg
DropDown Menu
1.jpg (210.55 KiB) Viewed 923 times
Kellyzkorner_NJ

Re: Cannot get ControlClick working

06 Apr 2019, 02:11

I'm sure others will have a much better answer but if it were me, I'd consider (if the window is in a static spot every time) doing a mousemove and send a click. Good luck, I feel your pain.
asghar5676

06 Apr 2019, 02:28

Kellyzkorner_NJ wrote:
I'm sure others will have a much better answer but if it were me, I'd consider (if the window is in a static spot every time) doing a mousemove and send a click. Good luck, I feel your pain.
MouseMove is no good to me as the code might be used on different machine with various display setups :eh:
SOTE

06 Apr 2019, 13:16

asghar5676 wrote:
Kellyzkorner_NJ wrote:
MouseMove is no good to me as the code might be used on different machine with various display setups :eh:
WindowSpy.ahk is showing you there is no control to act on and you are saying the program is giving you no shortcut keys. Thus it looks like you need to use MouseClick or Click. You can play with it and see which works better, ahk_exe or ahk_class.

Pseudo Code

Code: Select all

Run, Revu.exe
WinWait, ahk_exe Revu.exe
If WinExist("ahk_exe Revu.exe")
{
	WinActivate, ahk_exe Revu.exe
	If  WinActive("ahk_exe Revu.exe")
	{
		MouseClick [, WhichButton, X, Y, ClickCount, Speed, D|U, R]  ; you need to put in the X and Y relevant to the window or client
	}
}
You may want to check out CoordMode, and see if you want to use Relative or Client.
In addition, as other people might be using the computer when the script is running, you might want to put BlockInput, On/Off above and below the MouseClick or Click.
gregster

06 Apr 2019, 16:16

https://www.bluebeam.com/solutions/revu2018 wrote:Need an even shorter path? Now you can add custom keyboard shortcuts to export and share with your whole project team. Because in this business, no one has time for extra clicks.
If that's not true, I would try to take your business eslewhere...
asghar5676

06 Apr 2019, 20:55

SOTE wrote:
06 Apr 2019, 13:16
asghar5676 wrote:
Kellyzkorner_NJ wrote:
WindowSpy.ahk is showing you there is no control to act on and you are saying the program is giving you no shortcut keys. Thus it looks like you need to use MouseClick or Click. You can play with it and see which works better, ahk_exe or ahk_class.

Pseudo Code

Code: Select all

Run, Revu.exe
WinWait, ahk_exe Revu.exe
If WinExist("ahk_exe Revu.exe")
{
	WinActivate, ahk_exe Revu.exe
	If  WinActive("ahk_exe Revu.exe")
	{
		MouseClick [, WhichButton, X, Y, ClickCount, Speed, D|U, R]  ; you need to put in the X and Y relevant to the window or client
	}
}
You may want to check out CoordMode, and see if you want to use Relative or Client.
In addition, as other people might be using the computer when the script is running, you might want to put BlockInput, On/Off above and below the MouseClick or Click.
Thanks mate. I didn't realise that.
It's ugly now but it works. :dance:

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”