Can’t figure out a super simple script

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
TrevorNoah

Can’t figure out a super simple script

14 May 2019, 02:28

Okay so a few months back, I downloaded AHK and made a tiny little script. All the script did was, when I pressed the ‘/‘ button, it would press ‘F3’ And ‘b’ at the same time. I had to make a script for this because in this game I’m playing, for whatever reason, i can’t activate f3+b by myself. There are other similar things like f3+h which all work, but f3+b does not. Anyways, I made that script and it worked and then I stupidly deleted it and now that I’m trying to make it again, I can’t figure it out. I had read through the introduction and tutorial and everything and figured it out that way, but now that I’m trying to do it again, I can’t figure what I’m doing wrong. I have it set up as:

/:: Send, F3 & b

And that’s all I want it do, but I think it’s only acting F, not F3. I’m also on a laptop so I don’t know if I need to include the Function key, but I don’t remember doing that the first time, but maybe I’m wrong. I also feel like I had some kind of bracket around the F3 & b but I tried that with {} those and it didn’t work either. Am I missing a piece, or just formatting, or something else? I feel like an idiot cause this is like the most basic you can get. Maybe I’m overthinking it?
Last edited by gregster on 13 Jan 2020, 00:56, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Removed spammy signature
AviationGuy

Re: Can’t figure out a super simple script

14 May 2019, 02:50

Hi there!

Try,

Code: Select all

/::send, {f3}b
elModo7

Re: Can’t figure out a super simple script

14 May 2019, 02:54

Try:

Code: Select all

/:: Send, {F3 Down}b{F3 Up}
Oops someone was faster, however in my experience for games, this one tends to give the fewest problems because some games have lazy key listeners.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”