Lifehacker/AutoHotkeyers Hive Collaboration Idea...

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
capeably

Lifehacker/AutoHotkeyers Hive Collaboration Idea...

27 Feb 2015, 11:46

This is posted on Lifehacker's Friday Open Thread today. If you're interested, post a reply on that thread. Thanks!
http://hackerspace.lifehacker.com/autoh ... 1688434391

Years ago, I learned about the existence of this AutoHotkey thing from Lifehacker, but only recently began to really learn how to go beyond just setting up hotkeys to launch applications. It's really amazing how much you can do with it. The possibilities for use are huge.

I had an idea this morning: What if we tapped into the LifeHackerSpace Hive mind to come up with an idea for a AutoHotkey script that the AutoHotkeyers here could work together to make, and then post here for download?

The Hive could give us ideas on widely-useful scripts to make (preferably something that hasn't already been done), and then we could put the top five contenders together for a vote. It might be a fun way to get to know each other, and give back to the community here.

Are there enough AutoHotkeyers here interested in helping to pull something like this off?
tank

Re: Lifehacker/AutoHotkeyers Hive Collaboration Idea...

27 Feb 2015, 16:19

Im not sure i understand this post. the forum is and of itself an open collaborative envirionment. scripts are downloadable now?
ideas come from ask for help section now? This is probably a good idea but i dont understand the difference
We are troubled on every side‚ yet not distressed; we are perplexed‚
but not in despair; Persecuted‚ but not forsaken; cast down‚ but not destroyed;
Telegram is the best way to reach me
https://t.me/ttnnkkrr
If you have forum suggestions please submit a
Check Out WebWriter
capeably

27 Feb 2015, 16:27

Apologies for the confusion.

This is just an idea that I had for Lifehacker.com's "Hackerspace" community. Lifehacker often mentions AutoHotkey (it's where I first learned about it). I thought doing something like this might get more of the Lifehacker community more interested in AutoHotkey and aware of it's possibilities, as well as just to have fun getting to know each other.

I was sharing this here in case anyone from this forum is a Lifehacker follower and would be interested in participating.
tank

27 Feb 2015, 17:10

I see :)
Very good then.
We are troubled on every side‚ yet not distressed; we are perplexed‚
but not in despair; Persecuted‚ but not forsaken; cast down‚ but not destroyed;
Telegram is the best way to reach me
https://t.me/ttnnkkrr
If you have forum suggestions please submit a
Check Out WebWriter
capeably

27 Feb 2015, 19:35

"Liked" your FB page. Thanks for posting the link!

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”