Mouse selection and function icon

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Didier3L

Mouse selection and function icon

25 Oct 2019, 11:52

Hello, 8-)

There is a plugin for firefox that allows to translate text or page
it is S3.Translator

When you select text in a web page, icons are displayed to perform various functions

Can an AHK program exist to do the same thing in Outlook, Word, Excel, etc. :?:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sélection à la souris et Icone de fonction

Bonjour,

Il existe un plugin pour firefox qui permet de faire la traduction de texte ou de page
il s'agit de S3.Traducteur

Quand on sélectionne du texte dans une page web, des icones s'affichent pour executer diverses fonctions

Est-ce qu'un programme AHK existe pour faire la même chose dans Outlook, Word, Excel, etc ?
[url=http zupimages.net /viewer.php?id=19/43/9hna.png]Image[/url] Broken Link for safety
MannyKSoSo

Re: Mouse selection and function icon

25 Oct 2019, 15:38

Going from this original post https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=58414&p=281889&hilit=deepl#p281889 you could do something similar. (NOTE: they have since changed their api and the script in that no longer works.)

Basically all you would need do is get an api key. Use ahk to call that api with the text you want to translate. Then you will get an output from the api that should hopefully be close to what you are looking for. Also as a warning it may not always be 100% translation since its hard to get it to be 100% effective. Taking your post as the English portion to French I got the following:

-----French-----
Bonjour

Il existe un plugin pour firefox qui permet de traduire du texte ou une page.
c'est S3.Translator

Lorsque vous sélectionnez du texte dans une page Web, des icônes sont affichées pour exécuter diverses fonctions

Un programme AHK peut-il exister pour faire la même chose dans Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
---------------------

But it still did pretty well.

EDIT: I just noticed this is a paid service now, but its still an option? Also I believe you can do this with googles translator services as well (not sure if its paid or not).
teadrinker

Re: Mouse selection and function icon

25 Oct 2019, 19:21

MannyKSoSo wrote: they have since changed their api and the script in that no longer works.
Basically all you would need do is get an api key. Use ahk to call that api with the text you want to translate
My script works without api key.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”