New Edge msedge.exe browser parameters - Covid-19 help wanted

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Visioneer

New Edge msedge.exe browser parameters - Covid-19 help wanted

12 Apr 2020, 11:45

Hi,

I guess it is time to discuss the new MS Edge msedge.exe browser. Since it kills COM I hate it anyway, but I do
want to include hotkey support for it, along with IE, Chrome, Firefox of course.
I just downloaded it on Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 and it works so far. I do not have Windows 10 yet.

I think I can probably forget about all the older Edge versions and focus on msedge.exe ?
I see a lot of people online trying to optionally open Edge in a new window instead of always in a new tab.

This opens msedge.exe in a new tab (or window if not open already)
Run, msedge.exe "%myURL%",, UseErrorLevel
This opens msedge.exe in a new window
Run % "msedge.exe" ( WinExist("ahk_class Chrome_WidgetWin_1") ? " --new-window " : " " ) myURL,, UseErrorLevel

What is interesting is that the exact same code for Chrome, also works for new msedge.exe
(chrome.exe versus msedge.exe of course)

This works for Firefox (new window)
Run, firefox.exe -new-window "%myURL%",, UseErrorLevel
This works for Chrome (new window)
Run % "chrome.exe" ( WinExist("ahk_class Chrome_WidgetWin_1") ? " --new-window " : " " ) myURL,, UseErrorLevel

Now the Covid-19 Project.
I am starting a massive project to provide survival phone numbers to the millions of people
who do not use internet. By zip/postal code, (33,000 in USA) LOCAL, Food, medical,
essentials etc. so they can actually stay at home and actually eat for example. 27% of 65+ do
not use internet I have read.
I need several volunteer Directors who are expert in AWS, ahk, wiki, vetting, social media,
fundraising, and eventually one director per zip code (33,000). We will build an infrastructure
for this and future outbreaks/disasters on a local level.

Phones/Zip codes/Controlled Wiki/Email to Mailings or Flyers/Clearing House Info

Please PM me if you are interested.

Thanks

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”