Display list of user threads, not user posts

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
WeThotUWasAToad

Display list of user threads, not user posts

09 Aug 2020, 18:22

Hello,

How do you create a list of the titles of threads you have created or participated in?

I know that there are two places which display a user's posts:

Username drop-down > User Control Panel > Show your posts
Username drop-down > Profile > Search user's posts

However, rather than listing every post, how do you show a list of thread titles (so that no thread title is listed more than once)?

Thanks
A ------------------------------ [A LOT OF SPACE] ------------------------------ LOT

"ALOT" is not a word. It never has been a word and it never will be a word.
"A LOT" is 2 words. Remember it as though there's [A LOT OF SPACE] between them.
gregster

Re: Display list of user threads, not user posts

09 Aug 2020, 18:34

You can get this (and other variants) via the 'Advanced search': https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/search.php?keywords=&terms=all&author=WeThotUWasAToad&sc=1&sf=all&sr=topics&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

Fill in username (in Search for author field) and choose Topics in Display results as:.
JoeWinograd

09 Aug 2020, 18:45

Hi Steve,

Click on the magnifying glass next to the Search box (upper right). That takes you to the Advanced search page. Enter your search criteria and your user name. Here's the key: tick the Topics radio button (default will be Posts):

ahk search results topics.png
ahk search results topics.png (61.49 KiB) Viewed 3347 times

Regards, Joe
boiler

09 Aug 2020, 19:20

I’ve also wished it were possible to do what @WeThotUWasAToad is asking. (Edit: In my case, I’m often interested in only the ones I’ve started, excluding others I’ve participated in.) It doesn’t seem like this bulletin board software provides the means to do exactly that like some others do.

The suggestions, while helpful, will show all threads that the user has posted in. For someone like me who has posted in many, many more threads than I’ve started, the resulting list is not helpful towards my goal in identifying the threads I’ve started. The ratio is hundreds of threads I’ve posted in to the ones I’ve started.

If there happens to be some plugin or something that allows this, I would find it very useful.
gregster

09 Aug 2020, 19:26

boiler wrote:
09 Aug 2020, 19:20
resulting list is not helpful towards my goal in identifying the threads I’ve started.
Try additionally Topic titles only in the Search within: field.

https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/search.php?keywords=&terms=all&author=boiler&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=topics&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search
gregster

09 Aug 2020, 19:42

WeThotUWasAToad wrote:
09 Aug 2020, 18:22
However, rather than listing every post, how do you show a list of thread titles (so that no thread title is listed more than once)?
Btw, I don't think that the "Your posts" feature (in the Digi theme you can find it in the "burger" menu at the top left) will show each topic you participated in more than once... It's probably the same result like the advanced search shown above: https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/search.php?search_id=egosearch

Screenshot_2020-08-10 AutoHotkey Community - Search.png
Screenshot_2020-08-10 AutoHotkey Community - Search.png (13.36 KiB) Viewed 2730 times
boiler

09 Aug 2020, 20:13

gregster wrote:
09 Aug 2020, 19:26
Try additionally Topic titles only in the Search within: field.
Thanks! Works great. I didn’t think that would since I was not actually searching for a term in the topic title, but it certainly does. I should have inquired earlier. :)
WeThotUWasAToad

14 Aug 2020, 10:12

Thanks for all the help.

Interesting reading the follow-up dialogue.
A ------------------------------ [A LOT OF SPACE] ------------------------------ LOT

"ALOT" is not a word. It never has been a word and it never will be a word.
"A LOT" is 2 words. Remember it as though there's [A LOT OF SPACE] between them.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”