Webpage style GUI with Sidebar

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
julesverne

Webpage style GUI with Sidebar

22 Feb 2021, 23:52

Is it possible to make an ahk GUI look like a webpage? By that I mean:
1. a static top. (equivalent to freezing the top row of an Excel Spreadsheet.
2. A left-side bar (w \ vertical scrollbar).
3. a main window (basically the rest of the screen that doesn't include the space for the sidebar) w\vertical scroll bar. This section could be filled with whatever other gui controls are needed.

An example of a webpage like I'm describing:

https://www.w3schools.com/howto/default.asp

As you can see it has a left side bar. a main window. Both of those are scrollable. Static top. The tabs shown in that static top are not necessary. I was thinking mostly the static top would be a row of buttons and edit boxes.

Even if it's just pointing to a forum or archived forum post that may have something like this would be probably be enough that I could probably figure out how to make it work.

Thx in advance!!
Xeo786

Re: Webpage style GUI with Sidebar

23 Feb 2021, 00:05

All you need is Neutron.AHK by Geekdude
https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=76865
"When there is no gravity, there is absolute vacuum and light travel with no time" -Game changer theory
julesverne

Re: Webpage style GUI with Sidebar

23 Feb 2021, 09:12

Thanks @Xeo786 !!

This is definitely a bit more complicated than I was hoping for, as I will have to refresh myself with css and html. I did watch the Joe Glines YouTube tutorial which puts me a bit more at ease. I am a little concerned about the library itself being so complex that future problems (i.e. newer Windows versions, deprecated web browser software like ie08 vs Edge) arising from the library, would be difficult to debug on my own. Don't get me wrong I definitely appreciate this suggestion and I'm going to try this out but if there other suggestions for more ahk centric based scripts I'd appreciate it.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”