Easiest way to see if PATH contains ffmpeg Topic is solved

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
MikeyG12

Easiest way to see if PATH contains ffmpeg

17 Sep 2021, 18:07

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to check to see if the user has the ffmpeg path stored in the Windows Env and if they do, I want to store the ffmpeg file location in a variable to use later in the script. So far, I've gotten my script to read the Windows PATH and then store it in an Array but after that I can't figure out how to tell if the file path string stored in an Array object contains the word ffmpeg. Below is what I have so far:

Code: Select all

EnvGet, OutputVar, Path

Array := StrSplit(OutputVar, `;)
Length := Object.Length(Array)
Loop, Length
{
	if (Array[Length] = [I want to check if the string stored in this object contains the word ffmpeg]
     {
          ffmpegPath := Array[Length]
return
     }
     else 
     {
          ffmpegFound := true
return
     }

}

if (ffmpegFound == true) {
; store the file path into a variable
} else {
; Write script to install ffmpeg and add the file path to Windows Environment. Once that's done, store ffmpeg install location in variable.
}
return
This is what the OutputVar gets populated with when I run this script:

C:\Users\Gizmo\AppData\Roaming\ActiveState\bin;c:\ffmpeg\bin\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Shared Libraries\redist\intel64\compiler;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Program Files\dotnet\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\TypeScript\1.0\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\120\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\MKVToolNix;C:\youtube-dl;C:\Program Files\7-Zip\;C:\Program Files (x86)\GnuWin32\bin\;C:\Program Files\NASM;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Windows Performance Toolkit\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\130\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin;E:\Downloads\;C:\Program Files (x86)\dotnet\;C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA NvDLISR;C:\Program Files\PuTTY\;C:\Program Files\Calibre2\;C:\Program Files\Git\cmd;C:\Users\Gizmo\adb-fastboot\platform-tools_r31.0.3-windows\platform-tools;C:\FFMPEG\bin;C:\Users\Gizmo\.dotnet\tools;C:\Users\Gizmo\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;C:\Program Files\7-Zip\;C:\Program Files (x86)\GnuWin32\bin;C:\Perl64\bin;C:\Program Files\NASM;C:\Users\Gizmo\.dotnet\tools;C:\Program Files (x86)\Nmap
Xtra

Re: Easiest way to see if PATH contains ffmpeg  Topic is solved

17 Sep 2021, 18:22

Code: Select all

;~ EnvGet, OutputVar, Path

OutputVar =
(
C:\Users\Gizmo\AppData\Roaming\ActiveState\bin;c:\ffmpeg\bin\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Shared Libraries\redist\intel64\compiler;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Program Files\dotnet\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\TypeScript\1.0\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\120\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\MKVToolNix;C:\youtube-dl;C:\Program Files\7-Zip\;C:\Program Files (x86)\GnuWin32\bin\;C:\Program Files\NASM;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Windows Performance Toolkit\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\130\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin;E:\Downloads\;C:\Program Files (x86)\dotnet\;C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA NvDLISR;C:\Program Files\PuTTY\;C:\Program Files\Calibre2\;C:\Program Files\Git\cmd;C:\Users\Gizmo\adb-fastboot\platform-tools_r31.0.3-windows\platform-tools;C:\FFMPEG\bin;C:\Users\Gizmo\.dotnet\tools;C:\Users\Gizmo\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;C:\Program Files\7-Zip\;C:\Program Files (x86)\GnuWin32\bin;C:\Perl64\bin;C:\Program Files\NASM;C:\Users\Gizmo\.dotnet\tools;C:\Program Files (x86)\Nmap
)

for each, path in StrSplit(OutputVar, ";") {
    if InStr(path, "ffmpeg") {
        ffmpegPath := path
        break
    }
}

MsgBox % ffmpegPath    ; = c:\ffmpeg\bin\
ExitApp
MikeyG12

Re: Easiest way to see if PATH contains ffmpeg

17 Sep 2021, 18:30

Thank you so much, this has been bugging me for the last couple of hours!!

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”