Undetectable element (VB6-"Label")

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Shield

Undetectable element (VB6-"Label")

07 Dec 2021, 18:18

Hello all,

I'm currently putting the finishing touches on a script which automates an application at work. Everythings working fine except adressing text labels.

The application has been witten in VB6, and after digging out other executables it turned out that this problem seems to be relevant for VB6 apps in general. I learned from some YouTube clips that within the VB6 editor the element in question is simply called "Label". I tried AHKs Window Spy, Au3Info, GUIPropView, Window Detective and WinExplorer, and I made use of API functions like FindWindowEx, EnumWindows and EnumChildWindows. Nothing. :thumbdown: These VB6-label-gizmos seem to undetectable. I've run out of ideas.

Has anyone experienced the same problem, or knows a solution for this mystery? For testing purposes, you can find some small example VB6 apps here @ https://github.com/m301/vb6arc/tree/fdcd23e2b108b9bddad4aca0ba6d6b5c86805995. The screenshot is from "USB-Manager"

Last edited by Shield on 07 Dec 2021, 19:35, edited 1 time in total.
Shield

Re: Undetectable element (VB6-"Label")

07 Dec 2021, 20:06

Hi Xtra! Interesting collection, thx for the link. I tried all the tools, but still, no luck. These phantom text elements are even clickable. How did they do this? :(

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”