Bing Chat with GPT4

Discuss Autohotkey related topics here. Not a place to share code.
Forum rules
Discuss Autohotkey related topics here. Not a place to share code.
rockitdontstopit

Bing Chat with GPT4

21 May 2023, 08:57

FYI, Bing Chat with GPT4 is pretty good at AHK. Ask it some questions next time you get stuck. It's free. Haven't used Google's Bard as much.

[Mod edit: Moved topic from 'Ask for Help' since this is not a help request.]
gregster

Re: Bing Chat with GPT4

21 May 2023, 09:05

Answers to easy questions can be okay. The problem is that we get all the questions about the nonsense code ChatGPT puts out.

Just a reminder for potential AI users - our forum rules say:
https://www.autohotkey.com/forumrules/#inappropriate_content wrote:4. Currently, posts that are answering or asking for help that contain AI-generated code (such as ChatGPT) will not be accepted. The reasoning behind this is essentially the same as with StackOverflow.
william_ahk

22 May 2023, 21:30

Yes, new users should use it for noob questions like hotkey toggle, imagesearch, etc. I think the forum rule should be encouraging people to prompt those language models first before asking humans, then when posting in the forum just don't include the generated code.

Also unfortunate is that the timing to switch to v2 is not very neat for GPT4.. Latest v2 code is not in the training data, which would confuse a lot of users who try to run the generated v1 code. I think the forum should pin a thread about how to use language models to help the users.
gregster

23 May 2023, 05:46

william_ahk wrote:
22 May 2023, 21:30
Yes, new users should use it for noob questions like hotkey toggle, imagesearch, etc. I think the forum rule should be encouraging people to prompt those language models first before asking humans [...]
Many ChatGPT users seem to not care enough to even check once the AHK docs, before they ask the forum. That's why - at the current stage of development - I personally wouldn't want to encourage any AHK beginner to use it. Instead, we should encourage people to learn AHK. If they try to learn - and then ask about simple things, that is absolutely okay.

Return to “General Discussion”