Is there a place I can hire AHK developers to develop a specific solution for me?

Discuss Autohotkey related topics here. Not a place to share code.
Forum rules
Discuss Autohotkey related topics here. Not a place to share code.
IMTheNachoMan

Is there a place I can hire AHK developers to develop a specific solution for me?

22 Feb 2023, 08:19

While I am a developer, I don't have the time or patience to learn AHK. I'd rather just pay someone to develop my script. Is there a community I can go to for this?

This is what I want to develop.

The script would be triggered by some event. I haven't decided what the event is yet. It would either be a keyboard shortcut, or dragging a window while holding a key like shift or alt.

When the script is triggered, it would show a GUI that would let the user select an option. Once they select an option, the script would then resize the active window (the window that was active before they triggered the script) to a specific area of the screen.

There is a tool for macOS that does what I'm talking about and I'm trying to get a clone of it. You can see a video of what I mean at https://community.folivora.ai/t/simple-window-manager-swm/12796/110. In the video, when the user right clicks on the yellow circle (the trigger in this case) it shows a GUI. The GUI has many options. It starts with some pre-defined resize areas like whole screen, left half, right half, right third, top left, etc. And then an option for a custom grid where the user can then define the size of the grid, and then draw on the grid for where they want their app to be resized. The video shows other options like moving windows to other monitors and screenshot but I don't need/want all that.

Basically, resize to pre-defined options, or show a grid the user can size and draw on. I don't care about images for the pre-defined sizes. It could be a row/column of buttons with text that I click.

I need this to be a pure AHK script that I can run on a locked down machine that only lets me run AHK scripts. I'm not in a huge rush and would rather have a quality script than something rushed.

And resize should be done using percents. So left half would be 50% of the screen width.

And it should be monitor aware. So if the active app is on my 2nd monitor, the script should resize to the 2nd monitor.
Alpha_Moose

Re: Is there a place I can hire AHK developers to develop a specific solution for me?

06 May 2023, 07:22

Hi IMTheNachoMan,

Bit of advice - Take a look around the forums and see if you can't find something that may already suit your needs but if not I was looking at the reference you provided and I think this is something I could help out with. Send me a message and we can discuss further!

Thanks.
ccchan234

Re: Is there a place I can hire AHK developers to develop a specific solution for me?

24 Aug 2023, 10:00

gpt4 did that for me.

if you are a smart programmer, it helps you to finish the job with ease.

if you know nothing about programming, it helps you to do some small achievements that you previously could not do.

if you are a so-so programmer, you'll be replaced.
gregster

24 Aug 2023, 10:42

ChatGPT's coding abilities in AHK v1 are mostly weak and its AHK v2 skills are rather horrible (certainly the learning corpus was too old).

Also keep in mind that we are currently not providing support for AI-generated code: see https://www.autohotkey.com/forumrules/#inappropriate_content (4.)
ccchan234

24 Aug 2023, 11:09

gregster wrote:
24 Aug 2023, 10:42
ChatGPT's coding abilities in AHK v1 are mostly weak and its AHK v2 skills are rather horrible (certainly the learning corpus was too old).

Also keep in mind that we are currently not providing support for AI-generated code: see https://www.autohotkey.com/forumrules/#inappropriate_content (4.)
gpt4 helped me wrote the launchq-filter,
it is much much much much better than any launcher script whatever whenever i could found here and there.

with respect, you are outdated (on chatgpt/plus).

remind once more, the chatgpt i mentioned is gpt4, not 3.x.
gregster

24 Aug 2023, 11:12

ccchan234 wrote:
24 Aug 2023, 11:09
with respect, you are outdated (on chatgpt/plus).

remind once more, the chatgpt i mentioned is gpt4, not 3.x.
We have deleted enough ChatGPT nonsense this year to know its abilities - that's why we added the rule. Someday this might change, but we are not there yet.
Of course, working code will rarely end up in our help forums.
hieveryone

06 Sep 2023, 06:04

I don't think you need to pay anyone. But ask around on the forum, There are some very kind people who share their code. Truly an amazing place to be
IMTheNachoMan

06 Sep 2023, 07:50

hieveryone wrote:
06 Sep 2023, 06:04
I don't think you need to pay anyone. But ask around on the forum, There are some very kind people who share their code. Truly an amazing place to be
Time is money. I like paying folks for their time. I did find someone that I've been working with. It's worked out well for me.
hieveryone

07 Sep 2023, 04:11

Time is money. I like paying folks for their time. I did find someone that I've been working with. It's worked out well for me.

Ive never had to pay anything but IG you are right. But i like to think of it this way, you pay gratitude for time
IMTheNachoMan

07 Sep 2023, 07:05

hieveryone wrote:
07 Sep 2023, 04:11
Ive never had to pay anything but IG you are right. But i like to think of it this way, you pay gratitude for time
I am fortunate enough to be able to pay folks to help me. When I was younger, I helped a lot of folks and while I didn't expect money, it would have been cool to get paid to do it. In fact, if I had gotten paid, I would have realized much sooner I could make a job/career out of those things I was good at and enjoyed.

So now if I can pay, I try to pay. I'm not rich, so I'm not paying a lot, but I pay what I can.

Plus, I expect a certain quality of solution. If I pay someone, I'll probably (hopefully) get a better solution.

Return to “General Discussion”