Can I install the 2.0 version without uninstalling the older 1.1 version?

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v2 or newer) and its commands and hotkeys
yeto

Can I install the 2.0 version without uninstalling the older 1.1 version?

Post by yeto » 02 Aug 2019, 10:37

I have AHK version 1.1.30.01 installed on my computer.

Can I install the 2.0 version without uninstalling the older 1.1 version? In other worlds can I have both installed on the same machine without causing conflict?

Thank you,
yeto
swagfag

Re: Can I install the 2.0 version without uninstalling the older 1.1 version?

Post by swagfag » 02 Aug 2019, 12:10

define installed, ahk is just the interpreter - autohotkey.exe. if u copy paste it 50 times, uve effectively "installed" it 50 times
if ure talking about double clicking scripts v1 scripts and having the v1 interpreter run them, and double clicking v2 script and having the v2 interpreter run them, u could change some registry settings to assign v2 scripts a different extension
not recommended though. id suggest configuring ur editor to run them
yeto

Re: Can I install the 2.0 version without uninstalling the older 1.1 version?

Post by yeto » 02 Aug 2019, 12:39

swagfag wrote:
02 Aug 2019, 12:10
define installed, ahk is just the interpreter - autohotkey.exe. if u copy paste it 50 times, uve effectively "installed" it 50 times
if ure talking about double clicking scripts v1 scripts and having the v1 interpreter run them, and double clicking v2 script and having the v2 interpreter run them, u could change some registry settings to assign v2 scripts a different extension
not recommended though. id suggest configuring ur editor to run them
I need some guidance. I am new to coding. I want to learn AHK. I am finding the syntax to be confusing (like when to use %...% and such) so I did some research and I found that 2.0 does not have these problems. I need someone to advise me as to if I should upgrade to 2.0. At this time I only have one script that I use with 1.1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am sooooooo confused,
yeto

Return to “Ask for Help (v2)”