Anomolies with V1 to V2 Conversion

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v2 or newer) and its commands and hotkeys
bxdobs

Anomolies with V1 to V2 Conversion

Post by bxdobs » 17 Sep 2023, 16:38

Been using V1 for over a decade for stand-alone controllers and or providing interface glue for an application that has no cli

Started by working on one of these systems ... it has 3 AHK scripts that run concurrently

1) glue app watches for content in an import folder ... content triggers the process of importing the file and then archiving the file ... a busy flag is checked and or set to ensure this process doesn't bump into other ahk processes
2) monitor that starts and keeps apps running ... this process periodically tests to see if apps exist ... if not they are restarted and minimized
3) Monitors network devices (sends email notifications for missing/restored devices)

Anomaly one - open/active apps|folders on the desktop are randomly minimizing ... the minimize statements in AHK explicitly spell out Window Titles so not following why "ACTIVE" unrelated Windows are being minimized

Anomaly two - the 3rd AHK script appears to be treated differently in that it is identified as an Application by Task Manager showing both on the taskbar as well as in the hidden icons ... expectation is that all AHK scripts be running in the background in the hidden icon section of the taskbar

mikeyww

Re: Anomolies with V1 to V2 Conversion

Post by mikeyww » 17 Sep 2023, 16:50

Debugging will be easier when the forum reader can see these scripts.

DevWithCoffee

Re: Anomolies with V1 to V2 Conversion

Post by DevWithCoffee » 17 Sep 2023, 17:17

In particular, I didn't migrate to V2 because I don't trust this type of instant conversion and because GDIplus hasn't received any more updates.
When I do this, I will start by reading the documentation and rewriting the codes I created without using converter tools.

Return to “Ask for Help (v2)”