Autmatically show or hide scroll bars

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v2 or newer) and its commands and hotkeys
RUBn

Autmatically show or hide scroll bars

08 Nov 2023, 04:37

I've been searching in the docs, via google and on this forum, but strangely enough I don't find the answer.
So, is it possible to make a GUI Control -edit in my case- to automatically hide and show the (vertical) scroll bar when there is less, respectively more text than can be shown into the box? By style or possibly with a listener?
Thanks.
sashaatx

Re: Autmatically show or hide scroll bars

08 Nov 2023, 04:57

RUBn wrote:
08 Nov 2023, 04:37
I've been searching in the docs, via google and on this forum, but strangely enough I don't find the answer.
So, is it possible to make a GUI Control -edit in my case- to automatically hide and show the (vertical) scroll bar when there is less, respectively more text than can be shown into the box? By style or possibly with a listener?
Thanks.
https://github.com/samfisherirl/Easy-Auto-GUI-for-AHK-v2

right click options, events and window. search scroll bar
https://github.com/samfisherirl
? /Easy-Auto-GUI-for-AHK-v2 ? /Useful-AHK-v2-Libraries-and-Classes : /Pulovers-Macro-Creator-for-AHKv2 :
Noitalommi_2

08 Nov 2023, 10:37

@RUBn

Hi,

I don't know if this could be an alternative for you but you could create a pseudo edit scrollbar out of up/down buttons or maybe pictures, which could then be automatically hidden or shown depending on the number of rows.
RUBn

09 Nov 2023, 04:08

sashaatx wrote:
08 Nov 2023, 04:57
...right click options, events and window. search scroll bar
Could you be a bit more specific? I searched for scroll bar and gives me too many results which would make me reverse engineer the code. Does this github code include a self made a custom scrollbar or a listener that shows/hides the basic scrollbar?
Thanks

Noitalommi_2 wrote:
08 Nov 2023, 10:37
... which could then be automatically hidden or shown depending on the number of rows.
Sure, but I can do that with the existing ahk scroll bar too. It is hidable.

I am also: Image-motiv for professional, volunteer & open source (web) development

Return to “Ask for Help (v2)”