I come from Autoit

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v2 or newer) and its commands and hotkeys
marcoroma

I come from Autoit

04 Dec 2023, 03:31

Hi everyone,
my name is Marco and I was used to script simple scripts with Autoit, a scripting language really similar to AHK but I had to abandonad that cause the lack of support on Chrome, it was turning into a hell, handling a browser that was not I.E. or Edge I mean.
Reading some post on this Forum I got a sensation that maybe I could deal with Chrome easy enough, does AHK have native functions for managing Crome or I will find the same struggle with it?
mikeyww

Re: I come from Autoit

04 Dec 2023, 07:33

Welcome to this AutoHotkey forum!

I do not work much with Chrome in AHK, but AHK user Descolada has developed AHK scripting for UI Automation that may help you. You can search the forum for the many posts, libraries, and scripts. I cannot claim that this is easy, but I suppose it's easy after you learn how to do it!
Descolada

04 Dec 2023, 11:50

@marcoroma, there are not built-in functions for automating Chrome, but you could use Chrome.ahk to automate it (it also requires WebSocket.ahk and JSON.ahk from thqby's repository).

UIAutomation is not recommended for any kind of serious browser automation, unless no better alternatives are usable.
Xtra

04 Dec 2023, 13:56

Rufaydium is another option:
viewtopic.php?t=102616

Edit: this would be for V1 not sure if V2 version is available.

Return to “Ask for Help (v2)”