Access Is Denied for WinGetProcessName in V2 EXE

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v2 or newer) and its commands and hotkeys
Yincognito

Re: Access Is Denied for WinGetProcessName in V2 EXE

25 May 2024, 15:27

lexikos wrote:
24 May 2024, 20:18
My point wasn't that [...] but security has obvious value even in that case.
Wow, thanks for taking the time to address all these points, much appreciated. :thumbup: I understand and agree with the cost / benefit and the security / rights points you made, I just don't overstate them in this specific case, that's all. I might have been wrong in reading between the lines here, but I guess that generally speaking, the main concern I had regarding this topic was that going for the most that was proven to be possible and actually believing that such an action would be successful in practice would be considered a matter of little importance or impossible, and that the answer would be just shrugging shoulders and move on - because my mindset (and how I see any programmer's mindset) is completely the opposite. Anyway, I tried to put it every way I could till now, so I'm not going to insist on it further. The examples I gave were simply to prove my point, I want both the AutoIt 3, AHK 1 and AHK 2 scripts to be successful and performant, because some users wanting to adjust things in my skin might prefer or be better in one of these scripting syntaxes and less in others. In my implementation, the fact that these workarounds would work only if you're an administrator is not a problem, because as you said, it is expected that regular users don't have full access to such things - but at least, if you're an administrator, you should get them all, which is another facet of the point I was trying to convey, with limited success. ;)

Return to “Ask for Help (v2)”