AHk2.02 doesn't auto-run at Win11 boot time

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v2 or newer) and its commands and hotkeys
Bathinda

AHk2.02 doesn't auto-run at Win11 boot time

23 Mar 2023, 01:24

Earlier autohotkey's scripts, when put inside Windows Start Menu's> Startup folder, used to run automatically on every reboot.

But since I updated my Windows11 to the version 22H2 Build 22612.1413, my Ahk scripts don't run on the boot time. Although all other 'startup' items run as expected on every reboot, except Ahk or Ahk Script. But after start, if I click on the same item inside 'Startup' menu itself, it runs ok (without any 'admin access' or any other prompt), and starts showing the 'H' icon in the windows taskbar tray.

Asking this thing in Windows forums didn't help.In the screen shot attached below, the 1st item showing in the 'startup' folder of the 'start' menu is Ahk script. Again to emphasize, it'd run if I click it manually after windwos starts.
image.png
image.png (1.22 MiB) Viewed 358 times
Also I've noted that Utorrent gets closed when I click its X button (even if its set to minimize to taskbar tray when I close it), and its taskbar icon too doesn't show in the taskbar tray. I don't know if this behaviour is related somehow to Ahk behaviour or not. But both problems come up only when I update to current Windows11 version.
mikeyww

Re: AHk2.02 doesn't auto-run at Win11 boot time

23 Mar 2023, 06:31

Hello,

I tested with Windows version 10.0.22621.

Code: Select all

#Requires AutoHotkey v2.0
MsgBox A_Clipboard := A_OSVersion
; 10.0.22621
I followed these instructions.

How do I put my hotkeys and hotstrings into effect automatically every time I start my PC?

It worked. The message box was displayed on reboot.

Things that can contribute to your issue:
1. Antivirus software
2. The script itself (e.g., hidden icon, or exit function)
3. Other programs (that terminate or block the script)
4. Wrong startup shortcut
5. Script is running with icon in the overflow tray area
6. The startup item has been disabled as a startup item (Task Manager -> Startup)
7. AutoHotkey is not installed properly
8. Altered file association

You can test my script to see if it works on your system. Windows Task Manager ("Details" tab) shows what is running.

Return to “Ask for Help (v2)”