Locate the position of a java control in windows using FindText / UIA?

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v2 or newer) and its commands and hotkeys
johnny2024

Locate the position of a java control in windows using FindText / UIA?

18 Jan 2024, 11:02

Hi there,

I am currently working on a project that requires me to write an AHK script in v2/v1 to perform a simple task on Windows. The task involves running a Java program and selecting a specific option item in a tree-like list within the first window, followed by double-clicking the selected option.

While the first step is relatively straightforward, I have encountered difficulties in locating the control of the option or the list within the first window using Windows Spy. After conducting extensive research, I have identified two potential solutions: FindText and UIA.

However, as I am new to both of these methods, I am seeking guidance on how to effectively implement them for my specific requirements.
In my attempts to use FindText, I have encountered challenges with converting plain text into parsed text for this library/function. It appears that the Text parameter may not be standard plaintext, as suggested by various posts I have come across. Therefore, I would greatly appreciate any insights or resources on how to convert plain text into parsed text for this purpose.

Additionally, I have found UIA to be a promising alternative and am curious if there are any specific functions within UIA that would be suitable for achieving my intended outcome. If possible, could you provide me with an example or guidance on how to utilize UIA effectively for this task?

Thank you for taking the time to consider my request. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Return to “Ask for Help (v2)”