28 Mar 2024, 08:49

Hi

Any AI tool to write AHK code?

Thanks
mikeyww

Re: Any AI tool to write AHK code?

28 Mar 2024, 09:25

Hello,

ChatGPT has been used with variable success, with somewhat more success in v1 than v2. It is simply not especially good at coding AutoHotkey scripts yet, but it may work for some kinds of scripts. For many scripts, ChatGPT slows the coding process because it generates garbage that has to be tested and debugged.
kunkel321

28 Mar 2024, 10:10

My experience is the same as Mike has described. I use ChatGPT. I've only used it to generate v2 code. I've been impressed by its ability to interpret my narrative descriptions of complex needs, and build the logic components needed. It seems to always interject v1 code elements though. If I try to get it to correct its own mistakes it just goes down a rabbit hole of work-arounds, making the code stupidly complex. It's best to just type out a detailed description of a specific (small) task, then take the result and manually debug it to make it work in v2. *Sometimes* that works. Other times the code it gives you is basically useless.
ste(phen|ve) kunkel
boiler

28 Mar 2024, 11:33

Please also note that asking for help with AI-generated code is against the forum rules. You can of course use it as a starting point for yourself, but do not post code generated by ChatGPT and ask the forum to help correct it.

Return to “Ask for Help (v2)”