Idea: delayed startup tool

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v2 or newer) and its commands and hotkeys
omar

Idea: delayed startup tool

16 Apr 2024, 04:48

I had an really simple idea for some AHK code...
A tool that launches apps 10 minutes after starting your machine - instead of having 20 apps clogging the system resources and all trying to launch the moment the PC starts.

The AHK code could have a list of apps and choose to launch each after 5 or 10 minutes?
+ you can choose to have some apps launch later - so some apps launch after 5 min and others after 10 min say.

But then I thought... this code must exist already?

What would be really clever is if the app could see the startup list and you can move things out of that list?
But that's now getting more advanced I guess
mikeyww

Re: Idea: delayed startup tool

16 Apr 2024, 06:12

1. The forum has a search form in the top right corner of this page. Have at it!
  2. SKAN posted a CPU load script. You could simply wait for CPU to drop below a certain value before starting the next program.
  3. Adding Sleep at the top of the script is a simple way to wait at the start.
  4. You could use a GUI with checkboxes to select or unselect items.
Checked: Provides a checkbox at the left side of each row. When adding a row, specify the word Check in its options to have the box to start off checked instead of unchecked. The user may either click the checkbox or press the spacebar to check or uncheck a row.
Source: ListView (GUI) - Syntax & Usage | AutoHotkey v2

Return to “Ask for Help (v2)”