Need Help with ControlClick

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v2 or newer) and its commands and hotkeys
KazNaka

Need Help with ControlClick

16 Apr 2024, 10:44

I need help clicking this exact coordinate without moving the cursor. Here's the Window Spy:

This is what I have and it's not working because I think I need to use a control instead of coordinates, but I don't know what the control is

Code: Select all

ControlClick "x200 y80", "Project Budget Worksheet ahk_exe DeltekVision.exe",,,, "NA"
Can anybody help me?
KazNaka

Re: Need Help with ControlClick

Today, 12:53

So, I'm still stuck with this problem. Imagine there is a save button in a window, but using ControlClick at that coordinate doesn't actually press the button. Is there something I'm missing with identifying the control, or is it just not possible to use ControlClick in this case?
boiler

Re: Need Help with ControlClick

Today, 15:02

The control name appears after "ClassNN:" in the Window Spy display. So you can try the line below, but if you see that the ClassNN doesn't change as you move the cursor onto other controls on that window, then it's not going to work. And it may not work anyway since not all windows will accept virtual clicks like this.

Code: Select all

ControlClick "WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.134c08f_r8_ad1118", "Project Budget Worksheet ahk_exe DeltekVision.exe"

Return to “Ask for Help (v2)”