RegExMatch, how to get the first match Topic is solved

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v2 or newer) and its commands and hotkeys
songdg

RegExMatch, how to get the first match

24 Apr 2024, 22:33

The result of SubPat[1] is "Computer memories and quantum futures@Can we save the world's coral", but I want the first match that's "Computer memories and quantum futures", when first encounter "@", how to do that?

Code: Select all

my_text := "Are our coastlines being washed away<Mushroom Coffee>Computer memories and quantum futures@Can we save the world's coral@Humanoid robots"
y := "<Mushroom Coffee>"
RegExMatch(my_text, y . "(.*)" . "@", &SubPat)
MsgBox SubPat[1]
Seven0528

Re: RegExMatch, how to get the first match  Topic is solved

24 Apr 2024, 22:52

my_text := "Are our coastlines being washed away<Mushroom Coffee>Computer memories and quantum futures@Can we save the world's coral@Humanoid robots"
RegExMatch(my_text, y . "(.*?)" . "@", &SubPat)
MsgBox SubPat[1]
Ungreedy. Makes the quantifiers *, ?, + and {min,max} consume only those characters absolutely necessary to form a match, leaving the remaining ones available for the next part of the pattern. When the "U" option is not in effect, an individual quantifier can be made non-greedy by following it with a question mark. Conversely, when "U" is in effect, the question mark makes an individual quantifier greedy.
 https://www.autohotkey.com/docs/v2/misc/RegEx-QuickRef.htm#Options :dance:
  • English is not my native language. Please forgive any awkward expressions.
  • 영어는 제 모국어가 아닙니다. 어색한 표현이 있어도 양해해 주세요.
songdg

Re: RegExMatch, how to get the first match

25 Apr 2024, 05:36

Seven0528 wrote:
24 Apr 2024, 22:52

RegExMatch(my_text, y . "(.*?)" . "@", &SubPat)
MsgBox SubPat[1]
Ungreedy. Makes the quantifiers *, ?, + and {min,max} consume only those characters absolutely necessary to form a match, leaving the remaining ones available for the next part of the pattern. When the "U" option is not in effect, an individual quantifier can be made non-greedy by following it with a question mark. Conversely, when "U" is in effect, the question mark makes an individual quantifier greedy.
 https://www.autohotkey.com/docs/v2/misc/RegEx-QuickRef.htm#Options :dance:
Thanks, much appreciated for your help and some tips.

Return to “Ask for Help (v2)”