Help with making manual hotkey for CTRL+C Topic is solved

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v2 or newer) and its commands and hotkeys
Dav22

Help with making manual hotkey for CTRL+C

26 Apr 2024, 09:57

Hello, newbie here.

My business is using an app that logs phone calls into pc, where i copy the number into excel database. The app is MyPhoneExplorer, works really well, but there is no hotkey for ctrl+c, instead u have to right click on selected number and select "Copy" on the drop menu

What i need is, when i select a number and press ctrl+c, ahk script presses right-click, finds, selects the text "Copy" instantly. You may think why is this so important, well, when you are doing multiple things at once and have a lot of incoming calls, every spared second matters.

Hope for the solution to my problem.
boiler

Re: Help with making manual hotkey for CTRL+C  Topic is solved

26 Apr 2024, 16:00

Try this, assuming the "Copy" menu item is the second item starting with a "C" (with "Cut" being the first):

Code: Select all

#Requires AutoHotkey v2.0

SetKeyDelay 20

#HotIf WinActive('ahk_exe MyPhoneExplorer.exe') ; assuming that's the actual process name
^c::SendEvent '{Click R}cc{Enter}'
Dav22

Re: Help with making manual hotkey for CTRL+C

27 Apr 2024, 08:25

boiler wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 16:00
Try this, assuming the "Copy" menu item is the second item starting with a "C" (with "Cut" being the first):

Code: Select all

#Requires AutoHotkey v2.0

SetKeyDelay 20

#HotIf WinActive('ahk_exe MyPhoneExplorer.exe') ; assuming that's the actual process name
^c::SendEvent '{Click R}cc{Enter}'
The script was on point! Only i had to put another c because there was call also. Thank you for the help! :)

Return to “Ask for Help (v2)”