ahk documentation questions

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v2 or newer) and its commands and hotkeys
marypoppins_1

ahk documentation questions

10 May 2024, 07:21

hello. this topic will include some questions I have regarding ahk documentation. thanks in advance for all help.
You can define a custom combination of two (and only two) keys (except controller buttons) by using & between them. In the example below, you would hold down Numpad0 then press Numpad1 or Numpad2 to trigger one of the hotkeys
1. can each of these have modifier keys too? ex: shift + numpad2 + ctrl + numpad8 (order doesn't matter)
mikeyww

Re: ahk documentation questions

10 May 2024, 08:24

Hello,

These questions are OK but you can answer them more quickly and directly by running your test scripts. In other words, to answer the question, "Will my script work?", you can always run your script to find out! Your script might even execute more quickly than this forum server could record your post! :)

The same page that you are citing also discusses combinations of three or more keys, and provides you with an example of how to approach that. When you have a script that does not work, you can post it here to get specific feedback about it.

If you have more questions, I would avoid hiding them here. Post a list, or create new threads if you feel that the topics differ much.

Return to “Ask for Help (v2)”