ClickLock Indicator

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools.
guest3456

ClickLock Indicator

03 May 2023, 09:32

ClickLock is an accessibility feature in Windows which allows you to click, hold for a second, and then release, but after releasing, the mouse down click is still held and locked. This allows you to click+drag without having to hold down the click the entire time, which is especially useful when using a laptop touchpad where your finger might run off the edge. The ClickLock is ended by simply clicking again.

The problem is that Windows does not display any indicator to let you know when the ClickLock has been activated. This is a simple script that will display a visual cue next to the mouse to remedy that.

AHK v1 version also on github
https://github.com/mmikeww/ClickLock-Indicator

Code: Select all

#Requires AutoHotkey v2.0.2+
#SingleInstance Force
CoordMode("Mouse", "Screen")
SetWinDelay(-1)

DllCall("SystemParametersInfo", "UInt", 0x101E, "UInt", 0, "UIntP", &cl_enabled := 0, "UInt", 0) ;SPI_GETMOUSECLICKLOCK
if (cl_enabled)
   Hotkey("~LButton", LeftDownHandler, "on")
else
   MsgBox("ClickLock is not enabled in the Control Panel.`n`nExiting.")
return

LeftDownHandler(ThisHotkey)
{
   global tthwnd
   DllCall("SystemParametersInfo", "UInt", 0x2008, "UInt", 0, "UIntP", &cl_time := 0, "UInt", 0) ;SPI_GETMOUSECLICKLOCKTIME
   if !KeyWait("LButton",  "T" cl_time/1000) {   ; KeyWait timed out, so button is still held
      ToolTip("CLICKLOCK ACTIVATED`nCLICKLOCK ACTIVATED`nCLICKLOCK ACTIVATED")
      tthwnd := WinExist("ahk_class tooltips_class32 ahk_pid " . DllCall("GetCurrentProcessId"))
      SetTimer(TooltipTrackMouse, 10)
      Loop Parse, "~LButton Up|~RButton|~MButton|~XButton1|~XButton2", "|"
         Hotkey(A_LoopField, ClickLockEnd, "on")
   }
}

ClickLockEnd(ThisHotkey)
{
   Loop Parse, "~LButton Up|~RButton|~MButton|~XButton1|~XButton2", "|"
      Hotkey(A_LoopField, "off")
   SetTimer(TooltipTrackMouse, 0)
   ToolTip("")   ; turn off tooltip
}

TooltipTrackMouse()
{
   global tthwnd
   buf := Buffer(56)   ; SKAN (tiny.cc/winmovez) and Lexikos (viewtopic.php?t=103459)
   DllCall("GetClientRect", "Ptr", tthwnd, "Ptr", buf.Ptr+8)
   MouseGetPos(&mx, &my)
   DllCall("SetRect", "Ptr", buf.Ptr+24, "Int", mx-10, "Int", my-10, "Int", mx+10, "Int", my+10)
   NumPut("int", mx+30, "int", my+20, buf)
   DllCall("CalculatePopupWindowPosition", "Ptr", buf.Ptr, "Ptr", buf.Ptr+16, "UInt", 0x10000, "Ptr", buf.Ptr+24, "Ptr", buf.Ptr+40)  ; TPM_WORKAREA = 0x10000
   WinMove(NumGet(buf, 40, "Int"), NumGet(buf, 44, "Int"),,, "ahk_id" tthwnd)
}

Return to “Scripts and Functions (v2)”