FIX "C:\Program' is not recognized as an interna

Put simple Tips and Tricks that are not entire Tutorials in this forum
Dex_Tester

FIX "C:\Program' is not recognized as an interna

24 Feb 2024, 11:23

;------Issue--------

>"C:\Program Files\AutoHotkey\AutoHotkey.exe" /ErrorStdOut "C:\Users\dex\Desktop\Autohotkey Scripts-S\F- test.ahk"
'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

>Exit code: 1 Time: 0.1308

;-----FIX----

;Post

(I'm new.... I can't even post properly on a forum)

[Issue]----> I'll Keep it simple... When you download SciTE editor... it puts it self in C:\Programs\Autohotkey" now the new version works fine with Autohotkey V2.... But if you are editing something in V1 and you want to run it directly from the ScitE editor it won't run.... You will have to manually go look where that script.ahk and click it manually....

Step[1])-----> to fix that.... just go to your Autohotkey folder.... and in V123... click the folder... and move everything to Autohotkey folder just like it's shown below in the file attachment in the image.

https://imgur.com/N6kkZYR

your autohotkey folder should look just like that....

and now when

Step[2]---> now left click and select edit on your script.ahk script. In the top bar inside SciTE Next to Run button on the left.... select which version you want to use... now you should have extra options... just like shown on the 2nd picture on the attachments...

https://imgur.com/rVJuJJZ

;-------Done------
NOW IT SHOULD WORK... enjoy running your script inside SciTE without issues.
Attachments
this how your autohotkey folder should look like--2024-02-24 16_47_33-Subscriptions - FreeTube.png
This is how your autohotkey folder should look like
this how your autohotkey folder should look like--2024-02-24 16_47_33-Subscriptions - FreeTube.png (131.11 KiB) Viewed 268 times
SciTE_T5cYSAHNrz.png
when it looks like that you should now have these options.
SciTE_T5cYSAHNrz.png (5.39 KiB) Viewed 268 times
boiler

Re: FIX "C:\Program' is not recognized as an interna

24 Feb 2024, 12:41

@Dex_Tester - Is this meant to be instruction for others? If so, "Ask for Help" is not the correct sub-forum, so it has been moved to the "Tips and Tricks" sub-forum.
flyingDman

24 Feb 2024, 13:51

I believe only one step is needed and that is choosing the interpreter. See here as well: viewtopic.php?f=82&t=115826&p=516341&hilit=scite#p516341
14.3 & 1.3.7
Dex_Tester

10 Mar 2024, 10:32

boiler wrote:
24 Feb 2024, 12:41
@Dex_Tester - Is this meant to be instruction for others? If so, "Ask for Help" is not the correct sub-forum, so it has been moved to the "Tips and Tricks" sub-forum.
I deeply apologies for any problems... I'm new to forums and this is my first time posting.

thanks.... Yeah this is something that is problematic.... for new AHK users...

Also I encountered a problem where ... everything is working perfectly fine but then..... the interception driver was uninstalled for some reason... maybe the tron script [(it's a .exe script that works like antivirus to get rid of bad stuff on your pc... goes over 6 steps and each step does things... check it on youtube if you are interested on keeping your pc healthy)] deleted it or maybe something I did on my pc.... regardless.... because of that I had to reinstall the interception driver via CMD all over in order for the interception library to work so that my scripts that use this library, which relies on the driver first, work perfectly fine.
Dex_Tester

10 Mar 2024, 10:37

flyingDman wrote:
24 Feb 2024, 13:51
I believe only one step is needed and that is choosing the interpreter. See here as well: viewtopic.php?f=82&t=115826&p=516341&hilit=scite#p516341
thanks for your replay.... I'm sorry but you did not read my post fully... I'm saying that the interpreter does not show all the options fully... the issue is because of bad installation... and so if new users that are beginner and learning on the previous version of AHK download it.... it will not work properly unless you ctrl+c what's inside the folder and past it as shown on the post.... I have windows 10.

also you must not delete the folder after ctrl+c.... because that location is also needed for other lib like AHI and THM.... just minor frustrating issues that's all...
Dex_Tester

10 Mar 2024, 10:41

New-----> Edit: Please do not remove the v132 folder or what's inside it... just ctrl+c that's all... (so you don't ruin things up when trying other stuff in the future.... )

Return to “Tips and Tricks”