Need suggestion/help about exe liscensing

Ask gaming related questions
Galakrond

Need suggestion/help about exe liscensing

15 Jun 2023, 07:22

Hello, I have a code that gets the current date from a website and expires on the date I set. I have to give this product by connecting to my customers' computers and throwing it into a file. I want to upload it on a website and I want the license to expire after 30 days of use from the day the exe is run on the computer. What I need to avoid is re-downloads. How can I set it up so that after the first download, the same computer downloads again and cannot use 30 days of use?

Can you give an example of licensing in Autohotkey? How can I build a physical licensing module into my code, even if it's very simple?

thanks.
mikeyww

Re: Need suggestion/help about exe liscensing

15 Jun 2023, 07:29

Hello,

You could have a Web page that manages downloads and tracks IP addresses to do that, or the script could access a server-based tracking file, and act accordingly.

Generally speaking, my feeling is that blocking downloads is always a poor approach, because it will annoy potential future customers and curtail your business by decreasing the total number of downloads and total usage of the program. Intentionally standing in the way between your customer and your product seems like an unproductive business strategy.

If you search the forum for "license", "protect", and "register", you can find many posts about this topic. They may help you.
Galakrond

Re: Need suggestion/help about exe liscensing

15 Jun 2023, 07:45

mikeyww wrote:
15 Jun 2023, 07:29
Hello,

You could have a Web page that manages downloads and tracks IP addresses to do that, or the script could access a server-based tracking file, and act accordingly.

Generally speaking, my feeling is that blocking downloads is always a poor approach, because it will annoy potential future customers and curtail your business by decreasing the total number of downloads and total usage of the program. Intentionally standing in the way between your customer and your product seems like an unproductive business strategy.

If you search the forum for "license", "protect", and "register", you can find many posts about this topic. They may help you.
thank you for fast reply. I will search all of these terms.

Return to “Gaming”