Coordinates relative to an inactive window Topic is solved

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Meow

Coordinates relative to an inactive window

31 Mar 2017, 12:09

Hi,

So what I need is to be able to do a PixelSearch on an inactive window (I check with a loop every few seconds if one specific item has disappeared from my inventory (for a game)) but I can't figure out how I could get the coordinates to be relative to an inactive window.
So when I use

Code: Select all

PixelSearch, , , X1, Y1, X2, Y2,...
I can't make the coordinate params which make my search region be anything that would help me.

I looked at CoordMode, but it won't do it (unless I misunderstood the way that command functions).
A_AhkUser

Re: Coordinates relative to an inactive window  Topic is solved

31 Mar 2017, 12:28

First retrieves the position of the inactive window by means of WinGetPos command and
make the inactive window upper-left corner coordinates function as reference from wich start your pixel research.

CoordMode, Pixel, Screen
YourRectangle := {"width": 400, "height": 300} ; for exemple
WinGetPos, XStart, YStart,,, TitleOfYourInactiveWindow
PixelSearch, X, Y, % XStart, % YStart, % (XStart + YourRectangle.width), % (YStart + YourRectangle.height), YourColorID
MsgBox % X . "," . Y
EDIT: and if you want, besides to be able to do a PixelSearch on an inactive window, retrieves relatives coordinates:
change:

MsgBox % X . "," . Y
by:

MsgBox % (X-XStart) . "," . (Y-YStart)
my scripts
Meow

Re: Coordinates relative to an inactive window

31 Mar 2017, 12:54

A_AhkUser wrote:First retrieves the position of the inactive window by means of WinGetPos command and
make the inactive window upper-left corner coordinates function as reference from wich start your pixel research.

CoordMode, Pixel, Screen
PixelSearch, X, Y, % XStart, % YStart, % (XStart + YourRectangle.width), % (YStart + YourRectangle.height), YourColorID
MsgBox % X . "," . Y
EDIT: and if you want, besides to be able to do a PixelSearch on an inactive window, retrieves relatives coordinates:
change:

MsgBox % X . "," . Y
by:

MsgBox % (X-XStart) . "," . (Y-YStart)
With this, search area rectangle's upper left corner would always be the inactive window's upper left corner, correct?
I only need to (/have to) search a smaller area from somewhere near the middle of the window, but I think I know how I'll achieve that easily.
I'll just add however many pixels I need to to the XStart variable you. Should do it, ye?

Thanks!

EDIT: Yup, got it all working now, thanks!
Tobor D

Re: Coordinates relative to an inactive window

07 Apr 2017, 21:07

Hi. I spending about 4 days to find something that whould help me to get coordinates from PixelSearch on inactive window.
I tried this GDI+ http://www.autohotkey.net/~tic/Gdip.ahk but there nothing about searching for specific pixels coords.
Also there is one Display.ahk https://autohotkey.com/board/topic/2267 ... ure/page-2 with function Display_PixelSearch but it return not a coords of a pixel but "Returns true if the specified color/variation is found within the given area, false otherwise."
And i tried this
A_AhkUser wrote:

CoordMode, Pixel, Screen
MsgBox % X . "," . Y
I cant imagine how this may supose to work on inactive window. It defenently dosen`t work for me. :(

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”