EXE file not working on friend's machine Topic is solved

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
paquirl

EXE file not working on friend's machine

24 Sep 2019, 15:13

I have an AHK called Snipping Tool that I got off this forum. It works great, I love it.

However, I used the converter to make it into an exe file so my colleagues can use the hotkey. They are running windows 10 and have snipping tool just like I do. But it is not working for either of them.

Thoughts?
-----------------
My friend says several screenshots were auto saved into the most recent folder he was working with. So apparently the Snips are happening without allowing them to choose the size of the snip, it's just auto-saving a full screenshot upon hitting the hotkey. WHY? This hotkey is working perfectly on my machine, brings up snipping tool ready to drag with mouse to select screen.

Code is as follows:

Code: Select all

^+s::
   if WinExist("Snipping Tool"){
      WinActivate
      Send, ^n
   } else {
      try
         Run C:\Windows\SysNative\SnippingTool.exe
      catch {
         Run %A_WinDir%\System32\SnippingTool.exe
         WinWaitActive, Snipping Tool
         Send, ^n
      }
   }
   return
ilhom

Re: EXE file not working on friend's machine

24 Sep 2019, 16:18

paquirl wrote:
24 Sep 2019, 15:13
I have an AHK called Snipping Tool that I got off this forum. It works great, I love it.

However, I used the converter to make it into an exe file so my colleagues can use the hotkey. They are running windows 10 and have snipping tool just like I do. But it is not working for either of them.

Thoughts?
-----------------
My friend says several screenshots were auto saved into the most recent folder he was working with. So apparently the Snips are happening without allowing them to choose the size of the snip, it's just auto-saving a full screenshot upon hitting the hotkey. WHY? This hotkey is working perfectly on my machine, brings up snipping tool ready to drag with mouse to select screen.

Code is as follows:

Code: Select all

^+s::
   if WinExist("Snipping Tool"){
      WinActivate
      Send, ^n
   } else {
      try
         Run C:\Windows\SysNative\SnippingTool.exe
      catch {
         Run %A_WinDir%\System32\SnippingTool.exe
         WinWaitActive, Snipping Tool
         Send, ^n
      }
   }
   return
Have them launch Snipping Tool and check the mode. My guess is that it's on Full-screen Snip.
paquirl

Re: EXE file not working on friend's machine  Topic is solved

25 Sep 2019, 07:22

I figured out I used the compiler wrong. I right clicked and let it compile on its own and it works fine.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”