This script now runs uncompiled, but you can only select an AHK v2 binary as the base install if running the script uncompiled. Please see GitHub docs for setup instructions. A more detailed setup tutorial is coming soon.
I may not compile any more releases unless requested since AHK v2 works perfectly with AHK v1 compiler. Just make sure you save the .bin files in the AHK v2 compiler folder.
See GitHub docs for compiling instructions. If you run this script compiled you can choose any version of AHK as your base installed version.
- Associate the .ahk extension with any version of AHK on double-click.
- Selectively choose which context-menu items appear in the context menu.
- Associate any text editor with "Edit Script" in context menu easily.
- Define as many versions of AHK as you want to run in parallel.
- Automatically launch the appropriate compiler from "Compile Script" context menu.
- Checks for updates when prompted, or does so automatically if enabled.
- Displays the latest versions of AHK v1 and v2 (with internet connection of course).
- Displays currently active version of AHK.
- Provides links to AHK v1 and v2 download pages / version archives.
- Allows you to invoke WindowSpy.ahk and help file for active AHK version from GUI.
- Easy access to edit templates for new AutoHotkey.ahk files from GUI.
I've tested this on a fresh install of windows and it works like a charm. Just have to restart after activating an EXE (writing the registry keys) the first time, but after that, future switching doesn't require a restart.
Download on GitHub
>> Change Log / Releases
If you need a version of Window Spy for AHK v2, go to this thread.