Which script should I use that controls the mouse with the keyboard? Topic is solved

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
AHKExplorer

Which script should I use that controls the mouse with the keyboard?

Post by AHKExplorer » 16 Sep 2022, 08:13

Hi,

I played with scripts a few years ago, that used the keyboard to control mouse movements. There were options to control both direction and speed of the mouse.

There were problems with those scripts, some unexplained crashes or uncontrolled mouse movements.

Is there a specific robust tested script, that I can work with? I checked github, and there's HotScript, but it has all sorts of other features as well. I'm looking for an existing script that turns the keyboard into a mouse control device, and does nothing else.

Thanks and Regards,

mikeyww

Re: Which script should I use that controls the mouse with the keyboard?

Post by mikeyww » 16 Sep 2022, 16:02

Have you searched the "Scripts and Functions" forum, as well as this forum? The search form is in the top right corner of this page.

AHKExplorer

Post by AHKExplorer » 17 Sep 2022, 18:13

Hi Mike,

I had done a global search, and some of the responses were Scripts and Functions. The only ones found so far, were first experiments & similar, but nothing official.

I just tried a specific search in the forum you referred to. But

"control mouse with keyboard"

in the advanced search box returns too many irrelevant posts. I was hoping someone would know the answer right away, that's why I'm asking.

I'll try some other phrases, and related forums. Meantime, NeatMouse https://neatdecisions.com/products/neatmouse/ seems to be working well.

mikeyww wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 16:02
Have you searched the "Scripts and Functions" forum, as well as this forum? The search form is in the top right corner of this page.

AHKExplorer

Post by AHKExplorer » 21 Sep 2022, 13:03

Hi Boiler,

Sorry I didn't catch this one, last week.

Yes, this is the kind of script I'm looking for, thanks.

Regards,

boiler wrote:
17 Sep 2022, 18:32
See this script from the AutoHotkey Script Showcase.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”