Copy predefined text to Win 11 copy history. Topic is solved

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v2 or newer) and its commands and hotkeys
RDI

Copy predefined text to Win 11 copy history.

Post by RDI » 27 Apr 2024, 05:32

Hi,

My work requires a lot of on-line form filling with comments like "Not Applicable", "Not Applicable. No Customer Requirement" etc. I have circa 10 common strings. I can assign ctrl-1 to 10 and use send, but that means I need to remember which one is which. Instead, I would like to try and use the windows 11 inbuilt clipboard history (WIN + V). I would like a command that automatically fills the history (equivalent to selecting each text in turn and ctrl-C. To produce the 10 strings, that I can then select to paste.

The clipboard command just overwrites the current item in the history. I want an equivalent command that behaves like ctrl-V and pushes a new string on top of the copy history list. Any ideas how this can be done? Thank-you.

RDI

boiler

Re: Copy predefined text to Win 11 copy history.  Topic is solved

Post by boiler » 27 Apr 2024, 06:13

There are ways to achieve your goal of not having to remember a bunch of hotkeys in AHK without bothering with the clipboard history. It would be very straightforward to have a script produce a menu of your 10 items when you press a hotkey, and you would click on any of them to send that text. Or maybe just use auto-replace hotstrings so you type a short abbreviation rather than remembering a key combination.

RDI

Re: Copy predefined text to Win 11 copy history.

Post by RDI » 27 Apr 2024, 06:28

Ah, auto-replace hotstring. That sounds like a great idea - Thankyou, for your prompt reply, and great help. RDI

Return to “Ask for Help (v2)”