WIA - Windows Image Acquisition (1.0.02.00 - 2015-05-03)

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools for AHK v1.1 and older
Janusz

Re: WIA - Windows Image Acquisition (1.0.02.00 - 2015-05-03)

Post by Janusz » 17 Mar 2022, 13:28

Dear elite programmers,
Does somebody of us have a little time? I would like to have a code, which will rotate image 90 degress left by using WIA. COuld someone create a function for Me? I have two possibility. Work with image variable, which will contain data produced by using image transfer WIA object function, or I can also use created .bmp file from harddisk as A file. File can be even saved on a separate name with rotated image. Reason? Build in OCR engine in to Windows 10 do not allow Me to scan two pages at once with my small scanner glass. And scanning page by page produces non pleasant results. So I need to scan two pages at once so I need to rotate 90 degress left. Thanks to MR just me and Malcev, it is possible to perform OCR on scanned image. And scanner can be used to scan many many pages with low memory footprint, no more than 38 MB. It depend on image resolution and on memory management of running script.
Please, if somebody of us would have a little time. Scanning books is one of thinks, which many visually impaired people can perform on their spare time. Professional OCR apps allocates much RAM and some professional OCR apps even do not support so many scanners so well like Autohotkey and WIA. So please, do not be too engry on Me. I can read books so efficiently thanks to Microsoft corporation, Autohotkey and help of mr Malcev and just me from Germany.
I believe, that there is some time in your daily deadline.
Thank you very very much for your help.
With The deepest possible appreciation and with The kindness regards.
Janusz Chmiel

ahkis

Re: WIA - Windows Image Acquisition (1.0.02.00 - 2015-05-03)

Post by ahkis » 03 Jul 2022, 07:42

Hello everybody
used the code from

Other examples:
Load and scale an image keeping the aspect ratio to fit into a fix sized Picture control.
and need for this the script from Explorer_GetPath

this works very well but not if more than one file is selected. how can i make it work with the last selected? (tried it with Explorer_GetSelected())
full script
Attachments
wia.ahk
(14.65 KiB) Downloaded 43 times
img-preview.ahk
(930 Bytes) Downloaded 38 times
Explorer_GetPath.ahk
(2.72 KiB) Downloaded 37 times

Return to “Scripts and Functions (v1)”