Keyboard Backlight at win startup

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
turinux

Keyboard Backlight at win startup

Post by turinux » 03 Jul 2022, 07:41

Hi, i have a huawei matebook 14 and the Keyboard Backlight not run at windows startup, i need to press F3 every time.

Can I auto press F3 at windows startup with this tool AutoHotKey? if yes... how?

Thank you

mikeyww

Re: Keyboard Backlight at win startup

Post by mikeyww » 03 Jul 2022, 08:34

Welcome to this AutoHotkey forum!

Startup:

Code: Select all

Send {F3}
Alternatively, you might be able to set your BIOS to keep the backlight active.

turinux

Post by turinux » 03 Jul 2022, 11:54

mikeyww wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 08:34
Welcome to this AutoHotkey forum!

Startup:

Send {F3}
Alternatively, you might be able to set your BIOS to keep the backlight active.
thank you, I tried the script with

Send {F3}
and create the shortcut in shell: startup, but it didn't work.

In the bios, however, there is no possibility to activate the backlight forever

mikeyww

Post by mikeyww » 03 Jul 2022, 13:24

I have never seen a system that uses F3 for backlighting, but Send always sends to the active window, so you would probably first want to activate the desktop, program manager, or something like that. If it's not a BIOS feature, then I wonder if the computer is running a separate software utility of some kind. If so, it would have to be running before you send your activation key. You might actually want to contact Huawei to ask how to do what you are trying to do, as they may have a quick solution.

arthur1972

Post by arthur1972 » 11 Jul 2022, 05:05

mikeyww wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 13:24
I have never seen a system that uses F3 for backlighting, but Send always sends to the active window, so you would probably first want to activate the desktop, program manager, or something like that. If it's not a BIOS feature, then I wonder if the computer is running a separate software utility of some kind. If so, it would have to be running before you send your activation key. You might actually want to contact Huawei to ask how to do what you are trying to do, as they may have a quick solution.
Hi,

I need to activate a virtual desktop that contains a window to a remote desktop. Most of the times that remote desktop window is active, so every key I send with akh, goes to the remote desktop, but it needs to be send to the virtual desktop.

Can you help me out please, how can I activate a virtual desktop ? (I tried using click 0,0 because that us what I do by hand, but I want to automate it)

mikeyww

Post by mikeyww » 11 Jul 2022, 06:02

Your question has nothing to do with this thread, so I recommend starting a new one.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”