Get help with using AutoHotkey (v2 or newer) and its commands and hotkeys
Londolozi

Filecopy

Post by Londolozi » 17 Apr 2024, 14:57

Code: Select all

FileCopy "C:\Users\Owner\Test.txt", "C:\Users\Owner\Test.txt", "1"
I want to overwrite the Test.txt file with an empty text file
Why does this fail? Specifically 1

[Mod action: Again moved topic from “Scripts and Functions (v2)” because that section is for sharing working scripts with others, not for asking for help with your scripts.]

boiler

Re: Filecopy

Post by boiler » 17 Apr 2024, 15:46

@Londolozi -- Please acknowledge this time that you have read and understood this: Please stop posting questions in "Scripts and Functions(v2)" as that sub-forum is for sharing finished scripts with others, not for asking for help with your scripts. We will just start disapproving your posts rather than continuing to move them.

Londolozi

Re: Filecopy

Post by Londolozi » 17 Apr 2024, 15:53

I give up. I post in help and you move me to scripts. I post in script and you move me to help?
Delete me. I'll find other help.

boiler

Re: Filecopy  Topic is solved

Post by boiler » 17 Apr 2024, 15:58

No one has ever moved your posts that are asking for help to "Scripts and Functions". Look at your posts and note which sub-forum they are in, which you can do by clicking on the link for your post count. Not one of them appears there because we have moved them to "Ask for Help" and noted it each time we have had to do so, just like this time. I don't know why you think they have been moved there. Perhaps you are not seeing that the notes that were added to your posts say they were moved from "Scripts and Functions", not to "Scripts and Functions."

You may not like that we have to keep moving your threads and ask you to post in the correct place so we don't have to continue moving them each time, but the forum members appreciate posts being in the right place. We get notified by them each time someone posts in the wrong place if we are not proactive and move them before they appear. It keeps things in order.

Return to “Ask for Help (v2)”