Detect and Respond to a Tradestation Alert Popup

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v2 or newer) and its commands and hotkeys
Atom

Detect and Respond to a Tradestation Alert Popup

Post by Atom » 27 Apr 2024, 09:45

One of my applications is Tradestation which has an alert function that causes a popup and if you click on the popup it will go to the workspace (window) that generated the popup. Using Window Spy, I am unable to detect anything about the popup content. Some of the text is standard, and some of it is user generated. Since Window Spy does detect any of the information on the popup, is this something I will ever be able to respond to with an AHK script. I want a script that will click on the popup rather than me having to do it manually.

boiler

Re: Detect and Respond to a Tradestation Alert Popup

Post by boiler » 27 Apr 2024, 14:56

What do you mean Window Spy is unable to detect anything about its content? I really doubt that every field in it is blank. Do you mean it’s the same info as the main Tradestation window? You should post a screenshot of this supposedly empty Window Spy window.

Atom

Post by Atom » 27 Apr 2024, 16:20

Right. When I mouse over the alert window, the information in the SPY does not change. It just shows me the properties of the main window.

boiler

Post by boiler » 27 Apr 2024, 19:09

Then it’s not really a window per se. It’s just rendered by he application on its main window, so you have to identify it by other means such as ImageSearch.

Atom

Post by Atom » 29 Apr 2024, 12:41

Got it. Thanks.

Return to “Ask for Help (v2)”