value of type "Installation" has no property named "Hashes".

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v2 or newer) and its commands and hotkeys
Bill Campa

Post by Bill Campa » 09 May 2024, 02:18

I'm trying to install autohotkey AutoHotkey_2.0.14_setup.exe and after choosing install mode all users I get this error

I've tried several other version with the same result. Also tried in safe mode. Same error.

Any ideas?

mimar

Re: value of type "Installation" has no property named "Hashes".

Post by mimar » 27 May 2024, 11:32

I have the same error with 2.0.15
Attachments
2024_05_27_18_30_05_AutoHotkey_2.0.15_setup.exe.png
2024_05_27_18_30_05_AutoHotkey_2.0.15_setup.exe.png (23.18 KiB) Viewed 325 times

lexikos

Post by lexikos » 29 May 2024, 03:55

I don't see how this error is possible, regardless of the environment in which setup is running. Hashes is predefined in the Installation class.

@mimar Your screenshot shows that you are upgrading from v1.1. Try removing it first. If you cannot uninstall it, deleting the files and removing the HKLM\Software\AutoHotkey or HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\AutoHotkey registry key should be sufficient. v1.1 can be reinstalled afterward, with the "Install as a separate version" option.

ThioJoe

Post by ThioJoe » 29 May 2024, 16:26

Same exact error for me with 2.0.15, and same call stack as mimar. I also already have v1 installed. I tried to uninstall V1 but strangely there is no option? 🤔
no-uninstall.png
no-uninstall.png (67.72 KiB) Viewed 165 times

ThioJoe

Post by ThioJoe » 29 May 2024, 16:49

I figured out how to solve it (Can't edit my previous message so posting new reply).

I was able to uninstall V1 by going into Installer.ahk (Located in the install directory, "C:\Program Files\AutoHotKey"), then I edited the code block for 'if (instCmd)' to include the 'Uninstall' option. Here is the full updated block which will replace lines 1840-1844, but basically i just added a comma to the end of 1843 and added the new line with the 'Uninstall' stuff.

Code: Select all

if (instCmd) {
			opt = [
				"AHK('RunInstallCommand')", "Install as additional version", "Run a previously installed script to integrate v" + newVer,
				"AHK('Customize')", "Custom Installation", "Not recommended: may partially overwrite the existing installation",
				"AHK('Uninstall')", "Uninstall", ""
			];
Then after using the Uninstall option through windows again, the AHK window showed the option to Uninstall, and it apparently worked when I clicked it.

After that I was able to run the AHK v2 installer without issue.

lexikos

Post by lexikos » Yesterday, 04:04

@ThioJoe instCmd corresponds to the InstallCommand registry value which is part of a v2 installation, yet your screenshot says you have v1.1.37.02. This seems to indicate that you previously ran a Custom Install of v1, partially overwriting it with v1 just like it warns in the subtext of the option. This is not a supported scenario, hence "Not recommended" in the subtext. If you use the "Install as an additional version" option (with an intact v2 installation), it will do what it says, and the registered version will still be v2.x, not v1.1.37.02.

That still wouldn't explain how the "Hashes" error was produced.

v1.1.37.02 setup shouldn't even be present on your system if you have v2 installed. When you install by the correct process, the v1 uninstaller is removed because only the v2 uninstaller is designed to correctly handle the v2 folder structure and whatever other elements it installs that v1 does not. Running AutoHotkey_1.1.37.02_setup.exe in order to uninstall v1.1.37.02 from a system which has v2 installed is also unsupported; if you somehow access the uninstall option, it may remove more or less than it should, leaving the system with broken pieces of a v2 installation.

However, it would remove AutoHotkey from the registry, which would cause the v2 installer to skip the v1 upgrade routine.
lexikos wrote:
29 May 2024, 03:55
If you cannot uninstall it, deleting the files and removing the HKLM\Software\AutoHotkey or HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\AutoHotkey registry key should be sufficient. v1.1 can be reinstalled afterward, with the "Install as a separate version" option.
By "If you cannot uninstall it", I meant "if running the uninstaller does not work".

Removing the InstallCommand value from HKLM\Software\AutoHotkey would also restore the Uninstall option. The /uninstall switch would likely have the same effect.
Uninstall: To silently uninstall AutoHotkey, pass the /Uninstall parameter to Installer.ahk. For example:

Code: Select all

"C:\Program Files\AutoHotkey\AutoHotkey.exe" "C:\Program Files\AutoHotkey\Installer.ahk" /Uninstall
Source: Using the Program | AutoHotkey v1

Return to “Ask for Help (v2)”