Set SDR Content Brightness (when HDR is enabled)

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Frugivore

Set SDR Content Brightness (when HDR is enabled)

30 Jan 2023, 18:00

I have a hotkey I would love but is well beyond my knowledge to write. I got a new monitor that is having a funny HDR issue (windows being windows) that I can't quite figure out. But, the temporary solution is to reset the SDR brightness which is a slider (system, display, HDR, SDR content brightness). Is there a way to do this as a hotkey? you don't have to have it set as a different brightness just click the same brightness again (50 in my case). Thanks for any help.
evertinker

Re: Set SDR Content Brightness (when HDR is enabled)

01 Mar 2023, 09:37

This way has annoyances of its own but it at least saves me some time. You will have to make 2 scripts, one for making it brighter, and one for dimmer. Just change "Right" to "Left" for the dimmer version. Personally, I like to go from 30 on my dim setting to 100 for my bright, so this script assumes that your current slider position is starting at 30 or 100.

Code: Select all

#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
; #Warn  ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

Run, ms-settings:display
SetTitleMatchMode, 2
Sleep 1000
WinActivate, Settings
Send, {Tab}
Send, {Space}
Sleep 500
Send, {Tab 9}
;right arrow 70x to go up from 30 to 100 or left arrow 70x to go down from 100 to 30, change to what you want
Send, {Right 70}
Sleep 500
Send !{f4}

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”