Please help me make a script that will flash my screen while microphone is on

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v2 or newer) and its commands and hotkeys
someguyinKC

Please help me make a script that will flash my screen while microphone is on

30 Apr 2024, 07:43

I use an electronic medical record that I regularly turn on and off it's ability to listen to me for "Dragon" to type into charts and such. There is a small indicator on my screen that turns from red to green when it is "listening" (typing) and this doesn't catch my attention well enough to work for me. it looks like this when it is "listening":
image.png
image.png (2.55 KiB) Viewed 307 times
I am trying to make, perhaps the bottom 20% of my screen flash, say once every five seconds, while this icon is showing on my screen.

I asked AI to write me a script to do this and it isn't very good at it. I can't get it to work. (I originally posted the script that AI generated and the moderator kindly removed it because it is against the forum rules... live and learn!)

can anyone help me with this (hopefully fairly simple) script?
Last edited by someguyinKC on 30 Apr 2024, 07:56, edited 1 time in total.
thank you,

Someguy
boiler

Re: Please help me make a script that will flash my screen while microphone is on

30 Apr 2024, 07:52

someguyinKC wrote: I can't even get it to run (too many errors), let alone work.
This is exactly why asking for help with AI-generated code is against the forum rules. That code attempted to use v1 syntax, by the way, and this is the v2 forum. Are you looking for help with v1 code or v2 code?
someguyinKC

Re: Please help me make a script that will flash my screen while microphone is on

30 Apr 2024, 07:57

@boiler: I am looking for V2 code, please. Thank you and I apologize for not knowing the rules. :)
thank you,

Someguy
someguyinKC

03 May 2024, 11:55

can anyone help me with this? I'd appreciate any help. I'll repost the original concern so you don't have to scroll up:
I use an electronic medical record that I regularly turn on and off it's ability to listen to me for "Dragon" to type into charts and such. There is a small indicator on my screen that turns from red to green when it is "listening" (typing) and this doesn't catch my attention well enough to work for me. it looks like this when it is "listening":
image.png
image.png (2.55 KiB) Viewed 173 times
I am trying to make, perhaps the bottom 20% of my screen flash, say once every five seconds, while this icon is showing on my screen.

can anyone help me with this (hopefully fairly simple) script?
thank you,

Someguy
boiler

03 May 2024, 13:28

You should be able to use SetTimer and PixelGetColor to display and flash a GUI at the bottom of your screen when that icon turns the color indicating the microphone is on.

Return to “Ask for Help (v2)”