Tooltip follow mouse to taskbar, without jumping to top of screen?

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
gallaxhar

Tooltip follow mouse to taskbar, without jumping to top of screen?

27 Jan 2016, 17:25

On windows 10, if a tooltip is displayed (i'm using autohotkey to make one follow the mouse), when I move the mouse to the windows taskbar at the bottom, the tooltip jumps to the top of the screen, how can I prevent this?

I don't care if it goes offscreen.

my code, which it doesn't obey, it jumps to top of screen which isn't where mouse is

Code: Select all

MouseGetPos, mouse_x, mouse_y
ToolTip,%Title%, mouse_x+20, mouse_y
gallaxhar

Re: Tooltip follow mouse to taskbar, without jumping to top of screen?

27 Jan 2016, 23:01

Solved by Winmoving the tooltip to the mouse in a timer.
nimbell

Re: Tooltip follow mouse to taskbar, without jumping to top of screen?

21 Nov 2016, 02:59

I've been experiencing a similar problem. For me, though, I want to place a tooltip in the bottom-right corner of the screen by using e.g.

Code: Select all

ToolTip, Some useful text, A_ScreenWidth, A_ScreenHeight
On Windows 7, this works as expected, relocating the tooltip to be entirely on screen, overlaying the taskbar. On Windows 10, though, it 'wraps' up to the top-right corner.

It seems to be interference from some (new?) aspect of the Windows 10 taskbar, because if I set the taskbar to auto-hide, the tooltip appears as expected, even if the taskbar is visible while mousing to the bottom of the screen. If I move the taskbar to the right edge of my screen, the toolip appears flush to the inside edge of the taskbar; the problem again disappears when auto-hide is turned on.

I'm using version 1.1.24.02 (64-bit Unicode) on Windows 10 Pro (version 1607, build 14393.447).

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”