Microsoft Edge Context Menu (right click)

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
DataLife

Microsoft Edge Context Menu (right click)

09 Sep 2016, 10:19

I need to be able to select Save Picture As from the right click context menu in Microsoft Edge.

Edge does not have shortcut keys for the right click context menu.

I can not arrow to Save Picture As and press enter because Save Picture As is not always on the same line. Sometimes it is on the 1st, 2nd, 5th, 6th or 7th line.

Sometimes the spacing between entries is larger then normal. See pictures. (I was unsuccessful on attaching pictures to this message, so I provided links)

Any suggestions on how to get AutoHotkey to select Save Picture As on the right click menu?

Small Spacing
https://1drv.ms/i/s!AsXNFXot2KOqgfgzNHRM0EPmQ6s3Zg

Large Spacing
https://1drv.ms/i/s!AsXNFXot2KOqgfg01b8ACIKWsWb9lA
Last edited by DataLife on 09 Sep 2016, 14:59, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my scripts. (MyIpChanger) (ClipBoard Manager) (SavePictureAs)
All my scripts are tested on Windows 10, AutoHotkey 32 bit Ansi unless otherwise stated.
Masonjar13

Re: Microsoft Context Menu (right click)

09 Sep 2016, 10:37

OCR is the only thing I can think of. I don't use W10 though, too unstable.
My Personal Function Library | Old Build - New Build
DataLife

Re: Microsoft Context Menu (right click)

09 Sep 2016, 14:59

Masonjar13 wrote:OCR is the only thing I can think of. I don't use W10 though, too unstable.
I checked OCR and from what I can see it requires a 3rd party app. I need to use AutoHotkey only.
All my scripts are tested on Windows 10, AutoHotkey 32 bit Ansi unless otherwise stated.
Shadowpheonix

Re: Microsoft Edge Context Menu (right click)

12 Sep 2016, 09:55

Unfortunately, I do not believe this is going to be possible. To the best of my knowledge, you will either need a 3rd party app to OCR the menu or you will need to use some other browser (Internet Explorer's right-click menu does have the shortcut keys).
Elgin

14 Sep 2016, 11:58

Have you tried arrow up? For me going that direction is stable.

Otherwise going through MSAA or UIA should do it. Takes a lot more code, though...
DataLife

29 Dec 2016, 16:32

Elgin wrote:Have you tried arrow up? For me going that direction is stable.

Otherwise going through MSAA or UIA should do it. Takes a lot more code, though...
So far arrowing up is the best suggestion, but has 1 drawback noted below.

Using shortcut keys as in

Code: Select all

send v
or

send s
insures that if Save Image As is not present in the right click menu then nothing will be selected or "clicked on". As far as I know browsers don't reuse right click menu shortcut keys on different right click menus. So

send v
will "click on" Save Image As if present. If not present then nothing happens. My code has checks in it for what to do if "nothing happens".

What I can't have happen is to send the arrow key up four times and then send enter. Sometimes "Save Image As" is not the 4th item up. If I send the arrow key up 4 times and press enter it may press random entries.

For instance, in Edge if you right click on the white background or the first picture here (https://blog.bufferapp.com/free-image-sources-list), the 2 choices are Select All and Print. If I have my program send the up arrow 4 times and then hit enter it will choose Select All and then everything on the screen will be selected.

I would be able to make my program compatible with MicroSoft Edge if the right click menu had shortcut keys like every other browser I have used.

thanks for your suggestion.
jeeswg

17 Jan 2017, 03:35

Try JEE_MenuRCSelectItem, it uses the Acc library.
GUI COMMANDS: COMPLETE RETHINK - AutoHotkey Community
https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic ... 3&p=122036
homepage | tutorials | wish list | fun threads | donate
WARNING: copy your posts/messages before hitting Submit as you may lose them due to CAPTCHA

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”