I need a hotkey that makes the alt key toggle the Lshift and Lctrl Topic is solved

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Xtra

Re: I need a hotkey that makes the alt key toggle the Lshift and Lctrl

09 Jun 2018, 19:26

Code: Select all

*Alt::Send % (toggle := !toggle) ? "{Shift Down}{Ctrl Down}" : "{Shift Up}{Ctrl Up}"
HTH
Diche_Bach

18 Jun 2018, 11:57

So if I want the app to "hold down" the "w" key persistently, would this work?

-----code-----
*^!w::Send % (toggle := !toggle) ? "{W Down}" : "{W Up}" ; Ctrl+Alt+W toggles the W state between down and up
----end code-----

runs without errors, but it doesn't spew out a string of W letters on my note pad like I expected. Want to use it with Empyrion Galactic Survival so I don't have to hold down "W" to move forward! :)
Xtra

18 Jun 2018, 12:19

Diche_Bach wrote:So if I want the app to "hold down" the "w" key persistently, would this work?

-----code-----
*^!w::Send % (toggle := !toggle) ? "{W Down}" : "{W Up}" ; Ctrl+Alt+W toggles the W state between down and up
----end code-----

runs without errors, but it doesn't spew out a string of W letters on my note pad like I expected. Want to use it with Empyrion Galactic Survival so I don't have to hold down "W" to move forward! :)

#NoEnv

*^!$w::SetTimer, SpamKey, % (toggle := !toggle) ? 50 : "Off"    ; Change 50 to increase or decrease insterval speed

SpamKey:
    Send, w
return
Diche_Bach

18 Jun 2018, 12:25

Whoo hoo! Works!

Also, assigned the in-game "Primary Action" hotkey (e.g., shooting a firearm or a mining laser) to "/" and then used:

------end code------
*^/::Send % (toggle := !toggle) ? "{/ Down}" : "{/ Up}"
------end code------

So I don't have to hold down my left mouse button for long periods of mining!
Diche_Bach

18 Jun 2018, 12:26

Xtra wrote:
Diche_Bach wrote:So if I want the app to "hold down" the "w" key persistently, would this work?

-----code-----
----end code-----

#NoEnv

*^!$w::SetTimer, SpamKey, % (toggle := !toggle) ? 50 : "Off"    ; Change 50 to increase or decrease insterval speed

SpamKey:
    Send, w
return
Ah thanks Xtra. Actually though the previous one works in game.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”