CapsLock + Alt + J Help Please!

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
jtadds

CapsLock + Alt + J Help Please!

14 Jul 2020, 19:22

I remapped CapsLock + (I, J, K, L) to arrow keys with some modifiers to include Shift, Alt, & Ctrl using https://github.com/madslundt/keybindings

Direct link to script is https://github.com/madslundt/keybindings/blob/master/windows/autohotkey/ijkl.ahk

I literally copied and pasted the script and it has worked perfectly for me on my other computer (Window), but I have a problem with my new one (also Windows).

Everything on the script works perfectly EXCEPT for using CapsLock + Alt + J which is supposed to return CTRL + Left.

No idea what's going wrong, I've run circles around the problem and can't figure it out -- any help is much appreciated! Thanks!
BoBo

Re: CapsLock + Alt + J Help Please!

14 Jul 2020, 21:15

Bc the script hasn't changed (yet), what are the differences between your two boxes (OS'/AHK release/...)??
jtadds

15 Jul 2020, 07:29

BoBo wrote: Bc the script hasn't changed (yet), what are the differences between your two boxes (OS'/AHK release/...)??
Sounds like you might have a fix in store, thanks!

It looks like both are running Windows 10 pro 64-bit. On the computer where it's working perfectly, it's running AHK 1.1.32.00 & on the one that isn't working, it's running 1.1.33.01

Is that helpful?

Thanks so much!
takenbythedesert

30 Nov 2020, 11:03

Hey @jtadds did you find a solution for this? I'm also using madslundt's script and I'm running into similar issues with spotty results from different key combos. My CapsLock+alt+jkl doesn't work, but CapsLock+alt+i does.
With mine, I haven't tried different versions of AHK yet, but I'm experiencing different results when I use different keyboards.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”