Mousemove not working normally...

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
albertocasanova

Mousemove not working normally...

07 Oct 2021, 00:32

Hello and thanks for your time!

I have a simple script in a laptop [Dell XPS P56F] with an external/adittional USB keyboard connected. A person has this laptop in another country and I've testing on it on Teamviewer. Laptop has Windows 10 / 21H1 / 19043.1237 | Autohotkey v1.1.33.10 - August 29, 2021

Code: Select all

#persistent

F5::
{
   MouseMove, 300, 200, 3
   sleep 500
   MouseMove, 1300, 800, 3
   return
}
[Mod edit: [code][/code] tags added.]

When the person press F5 in the laptop keyboard, script does nothing. Mouse pointer does not move AT ALL. If he press F5 on the external USB Keyboard, mouse pointer move as expected. This behavior occours both on Win10 normal mode and in safe mode.

This little script was to test a much bigger script that has lots of mousemove lines activated by buttons on a GUI that does not work at all in this laptop and I made this little script to test in a simple scenario.

Can you please help me to find what's going on?

Thanks again for your time.
Spawnova

Re: Mousemove not working normally...

07 Oct 2021, 00:37

On some laptops the default behavior of the functions keys becomes other functions like volume up and down, wifi toggle etc, meaning there is usually another key labeled "fn" which has to be held down first to activate f1 > f12

Here's an example of where is usually is located on the keyboard
RussF

Re: Mousemove not working normally...

07 Oct 2021, 07:17

The function keys can be returned to "normal" in various ways depending on the laptop model. A quick google search revealed that on Del XPS, there is usually a little lock symbol on either the Esc or the NumLock keys. Pressing and holding the Fn while pressing the key with the lock symbol will toggle the function key defaults.

Russ

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”