Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

ahk-brand

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

Poll: like the logo? (74 member(s) have cast votes)

like the logo?

1. quite ok. (54 votes [69.23%])

Percentage of vote: 69.23%

2. i dont care. (3 votes [3.85%])

Percentage of vote: 3.85%

3. its good, but the old one is original. (10 votes [12.82%])

Percentage of vote: 12.82%

4. crap! (11 votes [14.10%])

Percentage of vote: 14.10%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Elesar
  • Members
  • 696 posts
  • Last active: May 08 2015 09:51 PM

By the way, if anyone has ideas for how to improve the website and would like to help work on it, please contact me.

Some simple things that I could think of would be upgrading to phpBB 3.0.1 and maybe implementing the Glacier theme pack.

Here is one of the boards that I run (Just family and close freinds stuff) using that theme pack: Link

That would give a more modern feel to the site, but may be a bit too much eye candy for some people.

fdfd
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I wanna vote :cry:

ahklerner
  • Members
  • 1386 posts
  • Last active: Oct 08 2014 10:29 AM

I wanna vote :cry:

register
Posted Image
ʞɔпɟ əɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

Brandon
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I think it should say "AutoColdkey" :lol:

neXt
  • Members
  • 549 posts
  • Last active: May 20 2015 02:38 AM
kweso, i'm making a few designs for AHK site (this site definitely needs a fresh look) and would like to use your logo.
Is there any way to get it from you with transparent background? I was trying to remove background in photoshop myself, but get that ugly 0.5px white edge.
BTW, if anyone wants to help, feel free to pm me.
Here is what i have so far.
Posted Image

engunneer
  • Moderators
  • 9162 posts
  • Last active: Sep 12 2014 10:36 PM
neXt,

IMHO, that design leaves much to be desired. It is certainly good looking, but the important information about the project is only a small 25% of the screen area. I understand a little about how you wanted to balance the whitespace, etc, but that style does not speak to me.

again, IMHO, if you move the News, Introduction, etc. links to the left side, it will look much easier to read, as the main text area won't be so crowded. then the left sidebar justs needs to be organized a bit.

NB: There is a reason I am an engineer and not a graphic designer.

neXt
  • Members
  • 549 posts
  • Last active: May 20 2015 02:38 AM
Yeah, it's a bit tough to design in 750px page width :oops: . I would love to use 950px, but have that feeling that some coders still sit on 800x600.
This is still a start up point, so i'll work more on design when i get back from work. Unfortunately i can't show it photoshop, but i was planning on using javascript on navigation menus with color fade animations, also i will add a huge download button next to the logo

I was planning to place contents just like here: <!-- m -->http://www.csszengar...ile=206/206.css<!-- m -->
make it a 1 scrollable column, kind of like it like this.

I also was trying to come up with a catch fraze, but no luck. If anyone has something in mind, please share.

Rhys
  • Members
  • 761 posts
  • Last active: Aug 09 2013 04:53 PM

I also was trying to come up with a catch fraze, but no luck. If anyone has something in mind, please share.

AutoHotkey:
Make It Better.
Do It Faster.

AGU
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Autohotkey: May the keyboard be with you :lol:

a.k.a may the force be with you
a.k.a may the schwartz be with you

_kweso
  • Guests
  • Last active:
hey next,
sorry to be so late :roll:
somehow i dont get email notifications.

if you still need it, write me a pm...
hf
cu

Murp-e
  • Members
  • 531 posts
  • Last active: Sep 27 2011 11:44 AM
The original logo has always looked outdated to me. I've always felt it doesn't do the script language justice. The documentation, the forums and things like that are very functional, but AHK deserves a more modern "flare" (Which doesn't necessarily mean there should be flames in the logo).

A lot of nice work seems to have been done already, personally I like how clean philou's suggestion is. I like much of what kweso and neXt have done.

I also agree with enguneer that the ease of use and functionality of the website shouldn't be degraded just to make it look prettier. Graphic artists have a tendency of embellishing content so much that it looses focus (Small fonts, small pictures, too much whitespace, too many distractions etc). I think the current main page of <!-- w -->www.autohotkey.com<!-- w --> is great in terms of function(!!) and I don't think very much needs to change to make it easier on the eyes.

The AutoHotkey community is huge and this sort of graphical work is perfect for a competition. We should try to somehow entice a few popular websites to announce such competitions. The people at www.lifehacker.com might be interested, or perhaps <!-- w -->www.DeviantArt.com<!-- w --> or similar web-developper community websites? It would be a chance for upcoming artists to show off their skills to a large audience and add something important to their CVs.

In any case, I think the best approach would be that a few of the most active contributors to these forums (Chris, moderators and other VIP) announce such a competition, give people some time to send in contributions, have the community vote for the 2-3 best ones and then either make a new final vote or let the winners cooperate to upgrade the design of the logo, the standard icons and the website.

I think there's a lot that could be done, I think that things should be scaled up a notch from more or less random contributions in the forums to a more planned and structured competition-like affair. Perhaps such an "event" would even be worthy of its own website: www.ahkdesign.com (and that existing users of the AHK forums wouldn't have to register anew to cast votes).

Wait, what do you mean nobody asked me!? :shock:

purloinedheart
  • Members
  • 538 posts
  • Last active: Sep 22 2014 09:35 PM
Kind of late, but i just wanted to say that I loved all of the logos posted here, they were very nice!

SpiderGames
  • Members
  • 936 posts
  • Last active: Aug 13 2019 02:50 AM
I think AHK could use an updated logo. Maybe not that specific one, but something similar would be OK. Posted Image
Still i like it. 8)
Posted Image
I know i have 6 legs. It's cuz I'm special.

fincs
  • Moderators
  • 1662 posts
  • Last active:

I think AHK could use an updated logo. Maybe not that specific one, but something similar would be OK. Posted Image
Still i like it. 8)

I also like the current logo. Maybe a "remake" version could be done... I don't know...

Also, if people are going to post more new logos, please focus on the following, not on the "Hot" part:
Automation. Hotkeys. Scripting.
It's how the AutoHotkey name was created ;)

philou
  • Members
  • 68 posts
  • Last active: Jan 04 2011 01:12 PM
These would be my submissions (not updated since 2007):

Logo:
Posted Image
Files:
Posted Image
Trayicon:
Posted Image

Thanks to jaco0646 for the heads-up!