Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

TillaGoto - Go to functions, labels & hks in your script

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic
fragman
  • Members
  • 1591 posts
  • Last active: Nov 12 2012 08:51 PM
No success, still crashes.

I suppose you're handling circular references, but are there any other possible limits? My program is quite large (>10000 lines).

TheGood
  • Members
  • 589 posts
  • Last active: Mar 22 2014 03:22 PM
That's strange...
I haven't upgraded it to AHK_L yet, (although it should work as is with 32-bit ANSI). Can you test it with AHK Basic?

fragman
  • Members
  • 1591 posts
It's also crashing. I'm still suspecting that my script might be too large.

Edit: I also see the crash when I put a function from an included file into my main file which includes all others and use the original version of TillaGoTo.

Edit2: I tracked it down to one file. Including this file produces reproducible crashes for me when middle clicking on a function call. Please take a look into this: <!-- m -->http://chriss85.bpla...t/tillatest.rar<!-- m -->

fincs
  • Moderators
  • 1662 posts
  • Last active:
The TillaGoto version that is distributed with S4AHK v3 supports AHK_L Unicode 32-bit.

fragman
  • Members
  • 1591 posts
Indeed, that version does not crash. May I ask what you needed to change?
I tried to compare both versions and only saw differences near the start.
Then I tried to copy everything except the configuration section from the Scite version to the default version, and I saw crashes again.

Edit: It seems it is a problem with my Notepad++ version. Both scripts work fine in Scite4AutoHotkey, but crash in Notepad++.

I'm using Notepad++ version 5.8.2 Unicode.

fragman
  • Members
  • 1591 posts
I think I was able to find the exact cause of the crash. The file causing it to crash was using unix-style linefeeds (`n), while the other one used windows-style linefeeds (´r´n). Converting `n to `r`n seems to fix the crash. Still, I believe this should not happen. Is there any way to fix it?

Another thing I noticed, when middle clicking on an include file and a function of the same name is present, TillaGoTo navigates to the function instead of simply showing the include file. Is this desired behavior?

TheGood
  • Members
  • 589 posts

I think I was able to find the exact cause of the crash. The file causing it to crash was using unix-style linefeeds (`n), while the other one used windows-style linefeeds (´r´n). Converting `n to `r`n seems to fix the crash. Still, I believe this should not happen. Is there any way to fix it?

Thanks for reporting it! I'll look into it. (Can you send me the file that caused you trouble?)

Another thing I noticed, when middle clicking on an include file and a function of the same name is present, TillaGoTo navigates to the function instead of simply showing the include file. Is this desired behavior?

It's undefined behaviour. Middle-clicking on an include file was never meant to open that file. Since you middle-clicked on a function name, it does what it's supposed to does.

fragman
  • Members
  • 1591 posts
You can use the file I linked to before, it's the same case I believe, just some more code in it.

Are you planning to add opening the include files? I don't really need it that much, but I think it would be a fitting addition.

TheGood
  • Members
  • 589 posts
OK, I fixed it. I had assumed in a few places that the script used \r\n.
(I also had a few minor fixes that I never released).

October 23, 2010

- Fixed bugs with files only using CR or LF.
- Fixed small middle clicking bug.
- Fixed comment filtering bug.
- Minor improvements.

Lucid_Method
  • Members
  • 147 posts
  • Last active: Dec 06 2014 08:39 AM
TheGood: Thank you for this tool, as my projects get larger I spend more time hunting so this is a great addition to my toolkit.

I was wondering if you might be able to add an option to use Tilla to export the lists it is generating to use for other purposes?

For example, it would be useful to be able to export a list of the Gosubs that excludes ones commented out. I've played around with the code but some of it is over my head, I would think it would be pretty easy thing to add if you know what you're doing :-)
Posted Image
Macro Everything
Lucid_Method Index

fincs
  • Moderators
  • 1662 posts
  • Last active:
I've just updated my dev S4AHK build to use the latest TillaGoto.
TheGood, why don't you take a look at the version of TillaGoto I bundle with it? It's got some modifications (Unicode, local StdLib and 64-bit editor support).

nothere
  • Members
  • 242 posts
  • Last active: Jul 04 2015 12:55 AM
I read through this post and it gives a lot of information on what Tillagoto does, but no idea on how to use it. Can someone please post an example? Thanks...
“No other God have I but Thee; born in a manger, died on a tree.” Martin Luther

Lucid_Method
  • Members
  • 147 posts
  • Last active: Dec 06 2014 08:39 AM
Nothere: It's easy to use, run the Tilla AHK file, then open your code editor. If you're using one of the supported editors (such as Notepad++), you'll use the hotkey assigned at the top settings in the Tilla AHK file
uSummonGUI          := "F1"     ;Specify the hotkey you want to use to call up the GUI
In your editor hit the hotkey (F1 key in this case) and you'll get a pop-up box that lets you search through your code.
Posted Image
Macro Everything
Lucid_Method Index

nothere
  • Members
  • 242 posts
Lucid_Method, I have SciTE and it has an icon to load Tillagoto which put an icon in the tray with a pop up "Close", but that is all I get. I opened the script and it has the following lines:
sActiveWindow       := "\.ahk (-|\*) SciTE4AutoHotkey" ;Regular expression which

;should match the window of the editor containing the Scintilla control. It will

;determine when TillaGoto should be monitoring hotkeys.

sMustExist          := "ahk_class SciTEWindow" ;Needed if bQuitWithEditor is True. This regex

;will make TillaGoto quit if a matching window does not exist. It is currently set

;to match the editors' classes, but it may be set to match anything else.

sPathMatching       := "(\*( )?)?\K.*(?= (-|\*) SciTE4AutoHotkey)" ;Regular expression which should match

;the path of the currently edited file from the window title.

sScintillaClass     := "Scintilla" ;Class name of the Scintilla control. Exclude instance number.

Followed by a note not to change anything below. I opened the properties file and it has a list of setting for the window.

nothere
  • Members
  • 242 posts
Lucid_Method, I guess I am dense - it's working now, thanks for the help.