Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

TillaGoto - Go to functions, labels & hks in your script

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic
TheGood
  • Members
  • 589 posts
  • Last active: Mar 22 2014 03:22 PM
New version with many improvements and some new features!

December 30, 2010

- Added support for 64-bit and Unicode AHK
- Large performance increase by tweaking comment filtering and regexes
- Added library file support for ScanFile directive
- Added user library scanning (thanks fincs!)
- Removed the dependency on RemoteBuf (functions have been inlined)
- Added iAlignFilenames (and removed bAlignFilenames which was unreliable)
- Improved reliability of middle-clicking on functions/labels
- Improved reliability of line history
- Improved caching system reliability and performance

About library file support for ScanFile directive:

If the file is in one of the library directories, simply put its name in brackets: ;TillaGoto.ScanFile=<lib>
This is useful when your script uses library functions, but you still want TillaGoto to be aware of them.
About iAlignFilenames: (it is now completely independent of bWideView)

iAlignFilenames     := 1        ;This setting is used only if iIncludeMode has the option 0x10000000. It
                                ;determines how the filenames are appended to functions/labels/hotkeys
                                ; - Set to 0 to append the filenames without any alignment (minimal GUI width)
                                ; - Set to 1 to right-align the filenames (also minimal GUI width)
                                ; - Set to 2 to left-align the filenames (GUI width might be larger)

A few things to note:
[*:2kuyl6nq] bFilterComments now only affects comment blocks. Comment lines are always ignored, no matter the setting of bFilterComments. There is also no more restriction upon placing line comments after a label/function/hotkey definition.
[*:2kuyl6nq] Performance is slightly worse for Unicode builds of AHK, due to UTF-8/UTF-16 conversions necessary as described here. It is only noticeable in very large scripts, so don't let it stop you from running TillaGoto in Unicode. Make sure you're using the latest version of AHK, which implements improvements that lessen the impact.

fincs
  • Moderators
  • 1662 posts
  • Last active:
Alright, I've updated dev S4AHK to use your latest build :)

TheGood
  • Members
  • 589 posts
  • Last active: Mar 22 2014 03:22 PM
I just fixed two small bugs, one of which I should have really caught during testing. :oops:

Alright, I've updated dev S4AHK to use your latest build :)

8)

cheruvian
  • Members
  • 10 posts
  • Last active: Mar 02 2012 03:27 AM
Just kidding...
Is there a way to always include certain libraries?

LQ
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Last active: Sep 03 2011 05:19 PM
Hey TheGood (& others in this thread),

I'll start with saying I really love this script you put together, with the help of fincs, HotkeyIt & the others. It has already saved me a hell of a lot of time in writing my AHK Scripts. So, thank you therefore.

There are some question coming below, first some introductory text.

In my more complex scripts, I tend to use hashtags to be able to go quickly to predefined points in my script by using the built-in search function of Notepad++.
These are scattered throughout my file, wherever I need them. These are some of them:

";#BOOKMARK" to re-add the bookmarks used by the editor
";#SECTION: <Section Name>" to mark the begin of a section
";#DEBUG" to mark temporary lines
";#TODO: <task>" to remind myself of doing some coding there
etc.

Lately, I figured I could try to add these to the TillaGoto list and started modifying your script. Using altered versions of the commandblocks and functions used to parse labels, I am implementing this functionality and I've come a long way.

I gathered more and more insight in your code and noticed you're treating functions and labels/hotkeys in a different way. Is there a specific reason for that?

Should I handle my custom tags like functions and create a distinct category for them, or should I just append them to the labels list, like you did with the hotkeys? Which is better for what reason? I really don't know.

On a different note, are you still developping this? If so, is there an option coming to sort the Listbox based on the line of occurence, instead of alphabetically? Can I implement that myself easily?

Also, (are you still|have you begun) working on that ISense-like functionality with the Scintilla API, that was mentioned a few pages before? I'm really interested in that one. Since the ISense project has somewhat died, it doesn't work anymore for me on the more recent builds of Notepad++ and AHK. (ISense modification is one of the reasons I need the TillaGoto functionality, following and fully interpreting that script is otherwise nearly impossible)

BTW, if it is any help: I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit, using AHK_L v1.1 and Notepad++ 5.9.2

Kind regards,
LQ

• Guests
  • Last active:
Hi, this is excellent.

I'm using Notepad++ and Is there a way to install this script as a plugin? I don't want to manually run this script everytime Notepad++ is launched. It's easy to write another script for it to run both of them but if there is a more elegant way to do it, I'd like to know. Thanks.

xxOrpheus
  • Members
  • 134 posts
  • Last active: Jul 21 2014 12:15 AM
I like the GUI :D

trismarck
  • Members
  • 390 posts
  • Last active: Nov 25 2015 12:35 PM

Thank you TheGood for this wonderful script. No more sifting through the code to find function definitions.

Is it possible to paste function name from TillaGoto to SciTE instead of jumping to function definition? This could work as a sort of function autocompletion script then.

New Autohotkey forum: http://ahkscript.org.

trismarck
  • Members
  • 390 posts
  • Last active: Nov 25 2015 12:35 PM

Suggestion:
In the following example

M5Rt4CR.png

shouldn't the desired behavior be to scan the bottle1.ahk file regardless of whether the "scan function library files" flag is set in iIncludeMode? Currently, bottle1.ahk is not scanned even if .ScanFile=<> is present in the file.

The same goes with tillaGoto.ScanFile=lib\bottle1.ahk and flag to scan #include files.

New Autohotkey forum: http://ahkscript.org.

ikaros
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • Last active: Apr 04 2012 12:45 PM
God bless you for this script...

ikaros
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • Last active: Apr 04 2012 12:45 PM
By the way, I tried to use it with my Notepad++ to write php/js and it doesn't start when I click MButton.

With scite4ahk works pretty good.

stevenp
  • Members
  • 197 posts
  • Last active: Sep 23 2014 05:47 PM
it would be nice if tillagoto will be a sidebar-like window instead of a pop-up window(s)
"Simplifying complexity is not simple"

Kohloe
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Oct 17 2012 09:54 AM
using sciTE4AutoHotkey. Pressing F12 opens TillaGoto, but is there a way to let it stay open/on top...always?

oldbrother
  • Members
  • 149 posts
  • Last active: Nov 09 2014 07:36 PM
The download link in the first post is broken. Where can I download this beautiful thing?

G. Sperotto
  • Members
  • 539 posts
  • Last active: Jun 20 2015 04:54 PM
Hey there.

I would like to thank the author for the script. I'm using it with SciTE4AutoHotkey, and if you correctly organize the code in labels and function, this script does make the life of a coder so much easier. Specially with those thousand-line long scripts.

Thank you The Good.

"What is a suitable automation? Whatever saves your day for the greater matters."
Barcoder - Create QR Codes and other Barcodes using only Autohotkey !!